More like labbing .... than memorising

mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
Hi All,
I have been reading MSPress for last 3 days, and getting to a conclusion, that there is not much to read - it looks like labbing, labbing and labinng is the solution (not much to memorise).

Would you agree with this statement? Is it worth reading Sybex book (I have only 2 chapters from MsPress left)? Or should I spend lots of time labbing?

Thanks

Mikesz
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'm studying for the 294 as well. Its lots of labs, labs and more labs. It can't be all labs though so don't forget the FSMO and their roles, and trusts, Global Catalog Servers.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Definitely lab it up as much as you can. Create GPO's and know what order the GPO's apply and when. Deploy some software and know the different types of deployment. Pay attention to OU structure and why you would create an OU based on physical location or when you would create them based on department or role. Good luck!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    Thanks very much your replies - I'm planning to spent 2 and a half weeks only labbing and then 2 more weeks cramming. TOTAL 5 weeks - I hope this will be sufficient.

Mikesz
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pay attention to OU structure and why you would create an OU based on physical location or when you would create them based on department or role. Good luck!
    Lots of OU/GPO engineering emphasis on this exam. Everything you need to know about OU structure and GPOs, you should know it. No override, disable inheritance, loop back processing, granular GPO permissions, WMI filters, how to get around Win2K ignoring WMI filters. The whole shebang.

And don't forget site links, bridgehead servers, global catalogs, etc. Also don't forget your 290/291 concepts like DNS and how group scope affects replication and WAN traffic.

That about covers what I remember.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%