Ine ccvp cod

frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi guys ,

I will start CCVP journey soon , do you think that INE CCVP COD worth so i can purchase ??

CCVP Bootcamp, CCVP Training | Internetwork Expert

waiting for your replies :)

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Their CoD offering is definitely good but I would say this – It’s derived directly from their CCIE product and it feels like it. It has more of bootcamp feeling and less of a self paced training vibe. This is probably a good thing if you already have the experience and are looking to brush up for certification, but I can see this layout being pretty tough for someone starting out. The CBT Nuggets are still the best resource out there. Here’s an example: INE’s CVOICE series is broken up into less than 10 modules – CBT Nuggets CVOICE series has 30+ modules.

Just my 2 cents. Of course individual mileage may vary. :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • EzliteEzlite Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have used the INE CCVP CoD and I am very happy with the content. I do have a good bit of prior experience with VoIP in general so its hard for me to say what it would be like for someone coming into it from the start.

I have used a number of INE products and all have been excellent, but ... again ... I have 'real world' experience in each of the areas.

What I am very happy about is that INE has CCIE-<X>s passing labs across all the products they offer.
    TB

JNCIP-M: Late June 2010
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you grab it while it's still on sale, it's probably worth it (since it works out to about an extra $100 per exam icon_lol.gif). The other option once it's up to full price is to wait for their next sale and get a deal on the CCVP/CCIE Voice material. :D

You're still going to spend a bunch of time reading books.

And you should still spend a bunch of time in a lab learning and practicing the hands on skills.

And if you've got even more money to throw at the CCVP, then getting the CBTNuggets for the CCVP is still probably a good idea -- and probably a good place to start your studies, especially if you're not coming over from the voice side of things.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    "You're still going to spend a bunch of time reading books.

And you should still spend a bunch of time in a lab learning and practicing the hands on skills."

I think this is the real point and it really depends on your career path ... is the CCVP cert an adjunct to your career or do you intend to make it the focus ?

if its an adjunct then study for the exams and pass .. then move on

if its intended to be a career focus then ... well ... its a long road, a very long road. Voice is by far the most complex of networking technologies to implement and requires (imo) a strong background in what many like to declare "legacy" equipment/protocols as well as many numerous new/emerging technologies.

As a "legacy" (just meaning it been around for a long time) example .. SONET, SS7, Q.931, CENTREX, PBX, etc ..

As a New/Emerging example .. people are starting to use 'mobile' handheld devices with SIP clients to make VoIP calls from the local starbucks (or any other hotspot). I expect that this will be the norm rather then the exception soon.

Add the fact that people seem to have some tolerance for a minor service disruption on IP services .. people have NO tolerance for a service disruption of voice services.

The 5-Nines availability of the PSTN is a HARD benchmark to match. Five minutes per year is almost impossible without designing/engineering every aspect of the voice platform (underlying transport and management included)

Voice/VoIP as a career is an endless journey as I see it. A rewarding path for some and a nightmare for others.
    TB

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Ezlite wrote: »
    Voice/VoIP as a career is an endless journey as I see it. A rewarding path for some and a nightmare for others.

Totally agree with the above and regarding the last statement, I'd say this is true of both the Voice and Security paths. icon_biggrin.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    Totally agree with the above and regarding the last statement, I'd say this is true of both the Voice and Security paths. icon_biggrin.gif

for me security is the nightmare .. endless policy and politics.

Voice has its issues .. dependencies .. and that is something I have learned to deal with when its required. The most frustrating of these is dealing with the IP/MPLS transport groups. The most memorable was a multi-day debate regarding the design of an OSPF/MPLS core followed by second debate, of greater length, over QoS/TE/FRR/CAC implementation.

All I can say is that you need to be able to do your job. Then be in a position to critically, and fairly, review the work of others that you are completely dependent on ... when voice issues come up, and they will, all fingers point at the 'voice' group.
    TB

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, you guys are spot on. The CCVP is kind of in its own little bubble. The skills are invaluable, but at the same time, there are a ton of other variables as noted above that can’t really be taught, but rather learned along the way. The carrier stuff is fun – Lots of providers can offer "x" service but they all seem to put their little spin on things (and aren't all created equal).
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ezlite wrote: »
    While this is true for most, if not all of IT, this would be a great slogan for TechExams.net CCVP Forum T-Shirts!! icon_lol.gif

Welcome to the TechExams.net forums Ezlite icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I just started to get certs done (12/22/2009), only put it off for more then 10 yrs icon_redface.gif.

I do have an honorary 'CCIE-Slacker' cert though.

Hopefully I can help others a bit here and there as I go through it.

and .. I decided to do my Cisco Certs first, so I dropped a fair chunk of change on CoD/Racktime etc ... so of course I was offered a position with their #1 competitor and now I have to go into aggressive mode to try and finish off CCDP/CCNP ASAP. Once I start my cert track decisions will most likely be made for me and I am sure it’s not going to be the Cisco tracks.
    TB

• frozenEyesfrozenEyes Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks guys for your replies , i am in the middle of CCSP track now , after

finishing it i will go for voice to see what is going on there ....icon_surprised.gif