Interview on Thursday!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well last week I saw a posting for a NOC Analyst at a company local to me. I applied and the next day heard from a recruiter. Did the normal 20 minute phone interview and he said he'd let me know. Today, he called to inform me that they'd like to meet with me! I checked their website and they had a posting for Help Desk (which I assume is the job I am being interviewed for). Slight pay decrease if I get accepted, but the company does managed services and has all the newest technology. Plus closer to where I live and better hours. So hopefully I'll have a new job soon!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Well last week I saw a posting for a NOC Analyst at a company local to me. I applied and the next day heard from a recruiter. Did the normal 20 minute phone interview and he said he'd let me know. Today, he called to inform me that they'd like to meet with me! I checked their website and they had a posting for Help Desk (which I assume is the job I am being interviewed for). Slight pay decrease if I get accepted, but the company does managed services and has all the newest technology. Plus closer to where I live and better hours. So hopefully I'll have a new job soon!

Cool. Good luck on the interview and let us know how it goes.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    sounds like the pay decrease will be partially offset by the gas decrease, which is good!
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Ace that interview and start a new job in a new year. Good luck.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • moonlight08moonlight08 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□

Hold on a second. You found out what the salary was based on the company's own job posting? Or did the recruiter tell you? If it was the first one, then you have the potential upper hand. If after the interviews the company extends an offer, play dumb acting like you never knew what the salary was going to be and talk with your recruiter and the company that the offer is quite a bit less than what you're making. More than likely this will work in your favor of getting a higher offer.

Now on the other hand if the recruiter has already told you, well then you don't have much to go on. You can still negotiate a bit but you won't have as much of an advantage as the previous scenario.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Interview went really well! Position will be the initial call taker, solve problem if I can, if not make a ticket and send it where it needs to go. They liked that I have the security education as that is something they are hoping to get into at some point. Also, they pay for certifications (as long as they are job related) which is something my current company does not do (my current company will pay for college). Should know within a week if I got it or not.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Interview went really well! Position will be the initial call taker, solve problem if I can, if not make a ticket and send it where it needs to go. They liked that I have the security education as that is something they are hoping to get into at some point. Also, they pay for certifications (as long as they are job related) which is something my current company does not do (my current company will pay for college). Should know within a week if I got it or not.

Cool. good luck.
  • ggriffithggriffith Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your interview I wish you all the best!
    I have a second interview today! Will let you guys know how it goes in a couple of hours.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Good luck icon_cool.gif
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
    Interview went really well and the position seems even cooler. I'll definitely get to do a lot of different things. There looks like I will have a really good chance to do some security related work and learn some more VOIP stuff.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Really hope they hire you mate. Good luck!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Got the job! They just about matched my pay now (which was very good of them!) and just in time because I couldn't take my current too much longer. Just have to send in the paperwork and I will be all set! Thanks for all your support!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    sweet, nicely done!

Now the hard part begins where you have to do the job ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    congrats icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats mate. Now make sure you do well at the job!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    awesome, congrats!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You earned it, congrats!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats grinch!!! Enjoy the new job. But first, celebrate drunken_smilie.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Thanks guys! I plan to give my all to this job (I do for every job, but I feel good things will come from this job). This company will let me see a lot of different aspects of IT. Plus this is the first technology company I've worked for. I think it will be nice to work somewhere that doesn't see IT as just an expense. Again, thanks for all the help everyone, it's nice to have a place to get solid advice and get that support we all need from time to time!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Thanks guys! I plan to give my all to this job (I do for every job, but I feel good things will come from this job). This company will let me see a lot of different aspects of IT. Plus this is the first technology company I've worked for. I think it will be nice to work somewhere that doesn't see IT as just an expense. Again, thanks for all the help everyone, it's nice to have a place to get solid advice and get that support we all need from time to time!

Congrats man. Send some of that my way for tomorrow will ya?
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Nice Grinch, many congratz!

Pash
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Got the job!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!