CCNA:S on Tuesday any last minute suggestions

2»

Comments

• impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats in the pass, I passed too, What did you loose your job?
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    knwminus wrote: »
    Passed CCNA:S with a 844.
    Nice one. Sounds like you need a beerdrunken_smilie.gif
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    impelse wrote: »
    Congrats in the pass, I passed too, What did you loose your job?

Yep. Found out over the phone, while driving, in a blizzard. Manager won't tell me why either. I find it strange since I had the highest ticket create and resolution for 3 str8 weeks and I was in the top 3 last week. I am not late, I don't sleep on the job, I don't leave for lunch, and I cover my workload, oh well.
    That is stupid, lay off the people with good performance and obtaining certifications, You're going to hit it, you will find a better job. During your studies you show the persistence that you have, so begin to look for in Dice.com - Job Search for Technology Professionals, cragislist.com, mounster.com and careerbuilder.com, do not loose time.

I read somewhere that if you want to work in X company you need to target that company like a salesperson, trying to know everything about that company and try to get the IT manager.

• mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Yep. Found out over the phone, while driving, in a blizzard. Manager won't tell me why either. I find it strange since I had the highest ticket create and resolution for 3 str8 weeks and I was in the top 3 last week. I am not late, I don't sleep on the job, I don't leave for lunch, and I cover my workload, oh well.
    Sorry to hear that, not a very fair way to tell you either.

It happened to me last year, management descisions never seem to make much sense - they always seem to keep the wrong people and let the good ones go. I decided to take some time out and get some certs in, it's time to find a job now though.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, not a very fair way to tell you either.

It happened to me last year, management descisions never seem to make much sense - they always seem to keep the wrong people and let the good ones go. I decided to take some time out and get some certs in, it's time to find a job now though.

Yea I am pretty pissed seeing how I was the only person going after certs at all. But I am focused. I am already going to meet with Robert Half tomorow about some contract based work. I also applied for a local job (this is the job I really want) as a JR network Engineer. I am going to do some hardcore searching soon and hopefully should be able to get something to turn up.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on your pass!! Good luck on your job search... its unfortunate about what happened to you! But be I would suggest to you... be optimistic and show the same persistence & perseverance that you show during your studies and you'll find a job in no time.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Sorry about the job, but I reckon you will have no problem getting another one. Can the employer really get away with not telling you why they're getting rid?
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
    GiddyG wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!

Sorry about the job, but I reckon you will have no problem getting another one. Can the employer really get away with not telling you why they're getting rid?

I guess they can....icon_redface.gif The crazy thing is after I talked with my manager he said that I should go to another part of the company and that I was able to be rehired :rollicon_confused.gif??????

EDIT: HE said that I "Wasn't a good fit for the NOC" - Which is true, I hated the NOC because I felt like a receptionist some time, a scribe a some point, and ultimately I felt like the job wasn't as technical. I never complained to him however....

But I am looking forward. I have to go meet the Robert Half lady tomorrow and then I plan on dropping off my resume at the local place that I really want to work on.

A couple of days ago I asked God to bless me with the local job and I think this is his way of getting my attention. I can only bless the lord and wait for his goodness to show up on my behalf. I will keep everyone posted. At least I have some time to catch up on my reading.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrat's on being exactly 1/8 of the way to 10,000 posts. The CCNA:S isn't too bad either. Nice job!

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders; I'm sure you'll get what's coming to you!

P.S. I would have totally asked if he felt that way because I was such a perfect fit for his mom.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif

It sounds like you're already hitting the ground running looking for a new job -- so good luck with the job hunt!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Nice one fella I knew you'd pass icon_smile.gif

bummer bout the job, but with your recent skills and job experience I'm sure you'll do fine.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Congrats on the pass!

Sorry to hear about the job. Hit the ground running and never look back.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • elphrank0elphrank0 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

Bummer on the Job. The snow hit us pretty good too here in MI.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good job on the pass! Congrats!

I'm sry too about your job loss, however if you were doing really well and getting certified while no one else will.....then its their loss icon_wink.gif

I'm sure something will come around soon!
    I'm sure something will come around soon!

Thanks.

Yesterday I went down to the local company that I want to work for (as a Jr Network Engineer) and dropped off my resume (I already applied online but I like to follow through). Today the Hr director and Hiring manager (not the same person) both called me stating that they want to interview me for the job. Lets see how this goes. If I get this, I will be less than 2 miles from the job site and it would save me a town on gas AND I would be working 2 miles from my school. Lets hope this comes through so I can focused back on getting my cert on.....

On another note, since I want to get into security, I think I am going to branch out (not just cisco or networking certs) and I will more than likely branch into checkpoint, MS, LPIC/Red Hat and maybe even some Sun certs. But that is another story, first things first, let me go ahead and get this job.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yesterday I went down to the local company that I want to work for (as a Jr Network Engineer) and dropped off my resume (I already applied online but I like to follow through). Today the Hr director and Hiring manager (not the same person) both called me stating that they want to interview me for the job. Lets see how this goes. If I get this, I will be less than 2 miles from the job site and it would save me a town on gas AND I would be working 2 miles from my school. Lets hope this comes through so I can focused back on getting my cert on.....

Good luck!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    Hopely you will get it.

Meantime you can begin to read your security+ or Linux+ book, so probably you will advance a little bit in your certs. I said this because I see in your signature that those certifications are in hold.

impelse wrote: »
    Hopely you will get it.

Meantime you can begin to read your security+ or Linux+ book, so probably you will advance a little bit in your certs. I said this because I see in your signature that those certifications are in hold.

I am starting my Linux+ CBTs today. Network Warrior has kept me occupied.
    Interview set up for the week after next. Until then it I guess it is study, lab, Cbt.
    Glad to read that.

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Until then it I guess it is study, lab, Cbt.
    While it sounds like it would be nice if this job comes through, you may want to keep looking until you have an an offer letter, and maybe even until you've had your first day on a new job if the start date if the offer letter isn't within a week or two.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    While it sounds like it would be nice if this job comes through, you may want to keep looking until you have an an offer letter, and maybe even until you've had your first day on a new job if the start date if the offer letter isn't within a week or two.

Thanks Mike.

I am still looking and applying for stuff believe you me lol. I should say my days have been filled with applying for jobs, calling contacts, working out, studying, reading (some tech and some non tech), and labing. I haven't given up my job search at all but I am hoping this job comes through.
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Passed CCNA:S with a 844. It wasn't that bad. I had some really bad news come to me earlier today so I was a bit distracted. Next up Find a job icon_redface.gificon_sad.gif then S+ and Linux+

Great work on the pass mate.. you deserved it