New CCIE R&S lab locations

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
found this article on INE and it looks like scott morris will be talking with some people on the CCIE team to find more details. Anyway, it looks like pearsonvue will be hosting the "LAB" portion of the CCIE R&S in april for one day only in many locations worldwide. Could be a test run to see if this works or not, but I can honestly say that this would be awesome if they continue to do this every month or so. I was thinking about scheduling my lab date on april 8th in the pearsonvue location in chicago, since i live in st. louis that would be a better option than flying to rtp and it would save me lots of money.

If this does continue and they hold a pearsonvue lab date once every month or two in all the locations that is on this list, then I will schedule the lab everytime, until i pass. Brute force it through and let the GI Bill pay for my CCIE #! Gotta love the gov't right about now.

Enjoy!

New R/S lab locations - IEOC - Internetwork Expert's Online Community

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Yea, I read about this. Would be cool if they started offering the lab in more places.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    then I will schedule the lab everytime, until i pass. Brute force it through and let the GI Bill pay for my CCIE #! Gotta love the gov't right about now.

Enjoy!

Only if you have the Mont GI Bill (Chapter 30)...the post 9/11 GI Bill only allows for ONE certification exam, up to $2,000.

I'd be interested to see how/if this affects the integrity of the exam. Although the travel is certainly a hassle, having only a few locations seems to maintain the "elite" status of the CCIE. Some good questions were raised in that thread, regarding proctors, equipment, etc. For me, I'm still better off going to RTP, but it just makes me wonder.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    For me, I'm still better off going to RTP, but it just makes me wonder.

The RTP proctor decided that he wanted to do other things in Cisco. Unless it has changed last month they showed no seats at RTP through June.

I am waiting for the Cert Mag spread "the girls of Peason Vue" real fan boi stuff.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    As long as they have 26" Monitors and a bridge call to a real CCIE Proctor for questions -- and redundant network connections -- it should work.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    I am waiting for the Cert Mag spread "the girls of Peason Vue" real fan boi stuff.

Can you imagine how bad the Prometric spread would be if their staff's attractiveness was on par with their service? icon_pale.gif
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Only if you have the Mont GI Bill (Chapter 30)...the post 9/11 GI Bill only allows for ONE certification exam, up to $2,000.

Thats why I am not changing my GIBILL to the new post 9/11. That way I have as many tries as I want at the CCIE lab. Post 9/11 GIBILL is good, but for certain things, not for Certifications.
    Thats why I am not changing my GIBILL to the new post 9/11. That way I have as many tries as I want at the CCIE lab. Post 9/11 GIBILL is good, but for certain things, not for Certifications.

There's a long, complex, and ridiculous reason why I couldn't have the Chapter 30, so I essentially "had" to have the post 9/11 GI Bill, unless I had $1,200 to fork up at once..which I didn't. Anyways, that being said, I "should" have been able to take the Chapter 30, and be in the same boat, but couldn't. Post 9/11 GI Bill is unbeatable if you want to go to school full-time, but really shafts you when it comes to certifications..I know firsthand icon_sad.gif

It's all good. The VA reimbursing for a test is nice, but knowing them, it'd take a year to receive payment, so I have a feeling I'm not missing out on much.
    There's a long, complex, and ridiculous reason why I couldn't have the Chapter 30, so I essentially "had" to have the post 9/11 GI Bill, unless I had $1,200 to fork up at once..which I didn't. Anyways, that being said, I "should" have been able to take the Chapter 30, and be in the same boat, but couldn't. Post 9/11 GI Bill is unbeatable if you want to go to school full-time, but really shafts you when it comes to certifications..I know firsthand icon_sad.gif

It's all good. The VA reimbursing for a test is nice, but knowing them, it'd take a year to receive payment, so I have a feeling I'm not missing out on much.

well said. post 9/11 is gold for those who want to go to school. The VA does take its time to reimburse me. sometimes its less than a month, sometimes its about 2 months. I guess the average in my situations has been about a month. which is not too bad. If it starts getting longer, I usually call them and check on the status of my claim.
  • vertexvertex Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It would be nice if they had a location some where in florida. It takes 8 freaking hours just to get out of the state from tampa.
    vertex wrote: »
    It would be nice if they had a location some where in florida. It takes 8 freaking hours just to get out of the state from tampa.

+1, I'm in Tampa and will be making the trek early to mid 2011 it looks like. I will surely fly, but it would be great to have an Orlando location or even Jacksonville..
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Yeah, but y'all have that little problem with being a hurricane magnet!
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    well said. post 9/11 is gold for those who want to go to school. The VA does take its time to reimburse me. sometimes its less than a month, sometimes its about 2 months. I guess the average in my situations has been about a month. which is not too bad. If it starts getting longer, I usually call them and check on the status of my claim.

You mean humans actually work at the VA? I have never been able to reach one. I have submitted for two certifications and 2 college classes and have yet to hear anything. The time frame ranges from 3 months to over a year since I have submitted these claims. If I didn't know any better I would think their goal is to make it so difficult that you will just give up. icon_twisted.gif
    Yeah, but y'all have that little problem with being a hurricane magnet!

Did you guys just have some flooding not too long ago ;) ?

And it's not US that attracts the hurricanes, it's God's way of trying to "fix" the Bucaneers..
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Did you guys just have some flooding not too long ago ;) ?

Well, yeah, but the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile too. Our local newscasters don't have such a term as 'flood season' in their vocabulary hehe
  • vertexvertex Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    +1, I'm in Tampa and will be making the trek early to mid 2011 it looks like. I will surely fly, but it would be great to have an Orlando location or even Jacksonville..

If they only had a testing center in orlando...... I can only dream of a day..
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I wish they'd post the lunch menus for the testing locations. There's a Giordanos Famous Chicago Style Pizza not far from the Pearson Professional Center in the Chicago Financial District -- which would make it a lot easier to spend $1400 for lunch (and a rack rental). icon_lol.gif

I finally read the email carefully and just noticed that multiple cities share dates, so you'll be competing for the limited remote racks with a lot more people.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    I wish they'd post the lunch menus for the testing locations. There's a Giordanos Famous Chicago Style Pizza not far from the Pearson Professional Center in the Chicago Financial District -- which would make it a lot easier to spend $1400 for lunch (and a rack rental). icon_lol.gif

I finally read the email carefully and just noticed that multiple cities share dates, so you'll be competing for the limited remote racks with a lot more people.

+1 for Giordanos. I was in chicago a couple years ago for the CIPT1 Cisco course and we stopped by there. It was incredible!