Options

TFTPD32 help configuring

jeev2008jeev2008 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I'm currently using solarwinds tftp server but just curious to see how tftpd32 works. I tried to download an IOS file from my router to PC using TFTPD32 but I couldn't get it to work. Can someone helm me out step by step configuration settings for tftpd32..... Thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you sure that you're grabbing a .bin file for the router image? I personally don't use tftpd32 but it shouldn't be much different from Solarwinds TFTP server. Just a thought...
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    is the TFTP Server GUI displayed? If not then its not running. Also once you set it up with an ip address can you ping back and forth from the router?
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    hermeszdatahermeszdata Member Posts: 225
    jeev2008 wrote: »
    Hi I'm currently using solarwinds tftp server but just curious to see how tftpd32 works. I tried to download an IOS file from my router to PC using TFTPD32 but I couldn't get it to work. Can someone helm me out step by step configuration settings for tftpd32..... Thanks in advance:D

Once you have this installed, you open the program, specify the directory/folder for the tftp root and the IP address of the NIC.

once setup, there is no need to keep the GUI open. If you are running tftpd32 as a service in Windows (and it is started) the program/service is ALWAYS listening and ready to respond to tftp requests.

John
    John
    Current Progress:
    Studying:
    CCNA Security - 60%, CCNA Wireless - 80%, ROUTE - 10% (Way behind due to major Wireless Project)
    Exams Passed:
    CCNA - 640-802 - 17 Jan 2011 -- CVOICE v6 - 642-436 - 28 Feb 2011
    2011 Goals
    CCNP/CCNP:Voice