Options

any suggestions

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i have been studying BSCI for the past few weeks and i have ran into a snag icon_confused.gif i have gotten to the portion about BGP and its a monster ... i have found many resources that have helped me grasp a general understanding but i don't think its enough for me to use in starting the testing portion that i do after reading and vid training. does anyone know how much BGP i will need to know for this test?

either way i will have to go into the advanced BGP Arena due to the track i have chosen (CCIP) icon_cry.gif
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    does anyone know how much BGP i will need to know for this test?
    Almost as much as you need to know OPSF, IS-IS, and EIGRP, make sure you know the basic concepts and key aspects.

BGP is a pain indeed. I've worked with some fairly large networks but never encountered BGP in a real word setup, and it isn't something you can easily practice in a small home lab. I think most of the questions I got wrong on the BSCI exam were those about BGP... I used the Cisco Press guide from Clair Gough and it does cover BGP pretty well as for relevance to the exam, though it wasn't an easy read.

My advice is to take it slow. Read it over once and then keep repeating small pieces until it sticks. A cram list of the commands may help too.

Any particular area of BGP you're having trouble with? How are you doing on BGP practice questions?
  • Options
    MilkywayMilkyway Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What Webmaster said... it's very important. If you've been studying the Cisco Press BSCI book (Pacquet & Teare?), make sure you read the Appendeces, too! (I know, groan, etc. Route reflectors are something you must know.)
  • Options
    dj_lotfidj_lotfi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BGP is the biggest part in the bsci. but i think that sybex did cover well what you need to know for the exam. cisco press give too much details and you will be lost very quickly

the problem with sybex is that is doesn't cover the other topics very well so i think the best thing is to prepare bgp from sybex and the rest from cisco press

good luck
    bcmsn is waiting for me
    lotfi
    CCNA , BSCI
    Want to be CCNP
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have been using cbt nuggets, cisco press and bgp audio series.. i think i have started to assemble the info but its still kinda overwhelming. i think i will reread and rewatch all the videos again just to clarify

going to have to get me some more router to practice icon_sad.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons