Options

I just got a HP DL360 Server.... What comunications manager version would you install

I just got a HP DL360 server for next to nothing. I want to run it as a real communications manager in my lab. What install would you put on it? It alreay has windows 2003 server, so I was thinking of 4.3, but I am up for any suggestion. What would you install on this hardware?
Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    I want to run it as a real communications manager in my lab.
    I take that to mean you don't want to run it in VMWare.... so you'd have to check the docs on the Cisco site to see if it's configuration meets the requirements for 3rd party Servers, and which versions it would support natively.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Im not opposed to VM ware at all. I just want to run an actual CUCM server and not run CME.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • Options
    mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
    Corndork2 wrote: »
    Im not opposed to VM ware at all. I just want to run an actual CUCM server and not run CME.

you can install CUCM 6 and 7 on VM cisco allows that for testing purposes
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would run VMWare ESXi (make sure that the RAID controller is supported) as the host OS and install CUCM (v7 if you can allocate at least the minimum resources) in a virtual machine.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT