New Question --

I got one for everyone... Can you tell me what is missing from this configuration and why the phone continuously shows unprovisioned?

!!!
!
voice service voip
allow-connections sip to sip
sip
bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/0.400
bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/0.400
registrar server expires max 600 min 60
!
!
voice register global
mode cme
source-address 10.10.202.1 port 5060
max-dn 10
max-pool 10
authenticate register
time-format 24
date-format D/M/Y
create profile sync 001010910017388A
network-locale ES
!
voice register dn 1
number 3005
name BR2-PH2
mwi
!
!
voice register template 1
softkeys connected Endcall Hold Trnsfer
!
voice register pool 1
id mac 0023.0432.D2CD
number 1 dn 1
template 1
dtmf-relay sip-notify
username BR2-PH2 password cisco
description 32143005
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!

I will tell you guys/girls the answer tomorrow. Good luck
The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My brain thinks in CME so immediately I notice the missing phone loads and relevant tftp statements – But maybe the phones were auto-registered as SiP w/UCM first?
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    Good try...icon_thumright.gif this is a CME box "mode cme" and I just noticed that I posted the wrong description of the problem... Fixed " not provided ... was suppose to be unprovisioned ... " With the correct description you can tell it doesn't have to do with PHONE Load." But you did get me, if I had the wrong TFTP address in the DHCP server and the phone already had the load it needed it would say that it was unprovisioned... But I was looking more in the provided configuration for what was missing. So go with the assumption that the TFTP / DHCP setting are correct. icon_confused.gif:
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
    username BR2-PH2 password cisco -> username 3005 password cisco?
    Close, but no... In this case -- Username and password are just used for authentication for remote phones.... **that could be another questions later**

This question is a litttle tricky.icon_twisted.gif.because it is so easily missed...

Hint: Its a mandatory command for cisco cme sip phones.
    Hmmm, we’re missing a SIP dialplan, but I don’t think that would cause the phone to display unprovisioned. And with that I’ve exhausted my (limited) SiP knowledge – Without access to debugs of course! :) The CCVP offers pretty crappy coverage of SiP in general.
    Sip Dial-plan is only used for non KPML phones, but once again nice try... and I agree the current rendition of the CCVP is limited on the sip coverage.

The answer --
    !
    voice register pool 1
    type (phone 7945/etc.)
    !

So simple but yet hit your head on it once or twice and you will remember!!!
    Gotcha - I did notice that, but I figured since the "load" command was missing from voice register global that this might be a soft phone.

What would you do in that case?
    You know what .. I have never actually hooked a softclient up to a CME box....I am looking at the options for types and don't see anything for CIPC or anything ... ( I should have looked before posting the question...) .... I will have to lab that up tonight.... I will post a response...
    You know what .. I have never actually hooked a softclient up to a CME box....I am looking at the options for types and don't see anything for CIPC or anything ... ( I should have looked before posting the question...) .... I will have to lab that up tonight.... I will post a response...

I just tried your config with the X-Lite soft phone and guess what..........you don't need the phone type for it to work :) I think I'm going to setup a BR3 router SiP only in the lab now - you made me realize how foreign the protocol is to me outside of the trunking stuff.