Anybody in the DC area and have DoD security clearance?

The company I work for has a number of positions available in the DC area and all but one of them require security clearance.

If you have at least Secret clearance (Top Secret is even better) and have some experience in IT get ahold of me and I may be able to help you out in your job search.
Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
* Sec+ 2008
* MCSA

Currently Studying for:
* 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
* 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
* 70-647 Server 2008
* 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA

Comments

• SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    If this was a year ago, I'd be a stoked! icon_sad.gif

Damn Army and their deployments ;)

I was talking to our HR person today and was amazed at what she was saying. She was saying that due to the uncertain economy she was actually having DIFFICULTY finding employees because nobody is willing to take the risk of changing jobs.

Perhaps it is unique to the DC area but this came as a surprise to me. I see the logic in what was said but with so many people out of work I was shocked.
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If I ever lose my job I already told the wife I would plan on moving to the DC/Virginia/Maryland area since all my experience is DOD type work. Only problem is I have a house....
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Only problem is I have a house....

Leave it with the wife :p

/jaded-divorcee
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Leave it with the wife
    HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL thank you so much for that. I feel better already.

$jadedDivorcee.Add(1)
  • bellheadbellhead Member Posts: 120
    Still wish I had my TS/SCI from the Navy, but that was 15 years ago.
  • jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Speaking of having a wife and house..... Are you guys willing to relocate if you would have an offer from a company? Let say $10K difference annualy from your current pay...
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Speaking of having a wife and house..... Are you guys willing to relocate if you would have an offer from a company? Let say $10K difference annualy from your current pay...

A lot of factors come into play. Is the cost of living equal where the new offer is? $10k increase isn't very good if you are moving from a small town to a big city. Take other things into consideration like benefit costs into the equation also and you might end up losing money even though the pay is technically $10k more.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    And these days with the real estate market the way it is, whether or not you can get out from under your house is a big consideration. If you're at a break even point on what you owe, even if you can get an offer, by the time you're done paying closing and the other associated costs, you might have lost that $10k raise before you've even made it. And even if you do have equity, if you've got alot of houses in the area that are on the market as well, you may be stuck with the house for a bit. Carrying a mortgage on your old house along with a mortgage or rent in the new place is not fun.

About the only way it's a no brainer for me is if the company is willing to assume the mortgage, they're paying relocation, ans it's to a lower cost of living area along with the pay bump.

And to be perfectly honest, $10k is an awfully small number for me to consider uprooting my life. It'd also depend on the vibe I get from the company as well as how they handle their business. It would suck to jump through the hoops just to have the new job go away a year later, whether it be through the company going out of business, getting sold, getting downsized, or just finding out that I'm not compatible with the culture.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    10k does seem like an awful small raise to move to D.C.

@Forsaken_GA: I see this is your 1,111 post. icon_wink.gif