Need extra quick-study book for test next week!

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
In what has to be my worst experience with usps delivery ever, I ordered the Meyers AIO, used, 1 month ago, never got it. So I ordered the 80/20 book and the A+ exams guide from walmart with priority shipping. Was due yesterday and didn't show up today either. The only book I have studied was A+ complete, which is ok, but seems poor preparation for the test questions. Now with limited time, I need one book that I'll overnight order. I've started to use the practice exams listed on this site. Will this be adequate preparation or do I still need another book?

Thanks

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You will need a book, without a doubt. I used the Mike Myers AIO, so if you can order that again, I would. I've also heard pretty good reviews about the Sybex A+ guide.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    flyted wrote:
    ....I ordered the 80/20 book and the A+ exams guide from walmart with priority shipping. ...... Now with limited time, I need one book that I'll overnight order. I've started to use the practice exams listed on this site. Will this be adequate preparation or do I still need another book?

Thanks

First problem was supporting w@lm@rt! (I won't start that here).

Second, Priority Shipping (aka. Post Office) is typically very good, though some sorting can be slow, they usually are do well. Have you contacted your local sorting center?

Third, Sounds like you like to cut things close! :) The material on this site is impressive! It is based upon the objectives and is very easy to understand (IMO).

"Will this be adequate preparation or do I still need another book?" you asked. I'll ask you, do you work with this material, or are you attempting to sit for an exam with only limited experience? One book or none at all is sufficient if you work with the components and have for the recommended time or longer.

If you do not work with the items the objectives list, then it can be a bit more challenging and you may need additional material. How easily can you discuss the items in the objectives? If you can easily discuss and identify those items, review the material in the tech notes (see my sig) or http://www.techexams.net/technotes.php and you'll be set!

If you have specific questions on items in the objectives and you need clarification - then please ask them here and we'll help you understand them :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Plantwiz wrote:
    First problem was supporting w@lm@rt! (I won't start that here).

Hey I support WalMart...oh wait, that's my job.....oops....stiiinky walmarts....always open 24hrs....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Wal-Mart....yuck.
  • flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Strange, but the order did arrive today, the postman just left it at the wrong address and I just got it. I almost never have any problems receiving items, they just all recently seem to involve everything about my A+ quest. So I now have the "A+ Exams guide" and "the 80/20 guide to acing the A+". I may have to postpone the exam the way things are going, so are these books worth keeping or should I just press reset and start over with either Examcram2 or Meyers passport A+ ? To answer one question, I have extensive experience in electronics, but only a little in computers. Some knowledge is common to both, some not. The biggest suprise so far is after reading my A+ Complete, some practice test questions really left me saying "huh". What I need now is not a shortcut, but test practice. There are so many A+ test advertisements for practice tests, its haed to tell what is quality or not. And yeah I agree about wal-mart, they were last on my list to order from but they had both in stock and I was in a hurry.

Thanks
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Don't rush your exam. If you doubt you're ready, just reschedule it. There's no use going in unsure of yourself and ending up wasting the money.
  • caustikcaustik Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SYBEX A+ FAST PASS is great i'd go with that

print out the a+ specs and go through line by line, the items, as you go through the fast pass.(book is organized the same way) if you need more explainations do a quick online search for more material.
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Don't rush your exam. If you doubt you're ready, just reschedule it. There's no use going in unsure of yourself and ending up wasting the money.

Yeah, just reschedule, it's really easy. Work got in the way TWICE, so I had to reschedule it...I'm taking it Monday. :)
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you are taking the core exam monday, make sure you let me know how it was. I'll probably take mine on thursday. Thanks and good luck.