Options

Practises in MS Press book

jhmedjhmed Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Am I missing something? I'm attempting the practices in the 70-290 MS Press book and I'm running into errors all over the place in Chapters 2 and 3. Asking you to add people to groups that don't exist, CSV file contents that contain spaces with no " marks etc...

Has anyone else had this? Is this on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I'm sorry i miss read your question.
  • Options
    ObdurateObdurate Member Posts: 108
    jhmed wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I'm attempting the practices in the 70-290 MS Press book and I'm running into errors all over the place in Chapters 2 and 3. Asking you to add people to groups that don't exist, CSV file contents that contain spaces with no " marks etc...

Has anyone else had this? Is this on purpose?

The only problem I am having in chapters 2 and 3 is with the DS Commands and that was only because I was not thinking. To give you an idea of what I had a problem with:

The book (I am assuming you are using MS's W2K3 Training Kit) kept asking me to type

dsquery user "OU=Employees, DC=Contoso,DC=Com" -stalepwd 7

However, it would never work with my computer!

Then I plugged the brain in and realized I am using W2K3 in virtual box, in my case the dsquery has to be:

dsquery user "OU=Employees,DC=Contoso,DC=local" -stalepwd 7

And then everything worked properly, including the CSVDE example on page 3-29

Another thing I found out the hard way is DS commands do not care whether you are typing in upper or lower case, but it does have a heart attack with blank spaces; that is until you enclose everything you need in quotation marks (").

~Obdurate~