Unoffically a MCSE!

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
Well after WAY too long, I'm finally a MCSE. I took my 298 and 294 in the past 2 weeks (got WAY lucky on scheduling my exams! All the prometric test centers have closed but 1 who only does it on fridays).

I scored a 919 on my 298 and finally got a 769 on my 70-294 after failing that stupid thing 2 times.

ALL 3 times I took the 294 I felt like I knew all the subjects and felt like I did a pretty good on almost every question. It felt like I should have scored a 800 everytime but instead I got 646/687/769. This test was definitely my beast since I disagreed with half of the questions they posted.

I still did the worst on implementing computers/users/OUs on my bar graph which is what I've done horrible on everytime. I just don't understand what in the world MS is looking for.

This took me FOREVER (3-4 years). But I've been on a cert kick recently so getting my MCSE and VCP in the past 1-2 months is a great achievement.

I'll be taking my 70-647 and my 70-649 in the next month or so to become a MCITP:EA!
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the Alumni!!! One more member!!!
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats! That's awesome. Looks like you won the race against Snadam too, so that's like a double bonus icon_wink.gif
    Mishra wrote: »
    I still did the worst on implementing computers/users/OUs on my bar graph which is what I've done horrible on everytime. I just don't understand what in the world MS is looking for.

I know what you mean, I had trouble understanding what they were asking in many of them OU scenarios as well.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I agree with you on 70-294...I failed it the first time with a 670-something, and I thought I had 800+ on it. I passed on my retake, but I still only ended up with a score in the 750 range.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Congratulations.
    I've making my 294 in three weeks. Any wise words for me?
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    Well after WAY too long, I'm finally a MCSE. I took my 298 and 294 in the past 2 weeks (got WAY lucky on scheduling my exams! All the prometric test centers have closed but 1 who only does it on fridays).

I scored a 919 on my 298 and finally got a 769 on my 70-294 after failing that stupid thing 2 times.

ALL 3 times I took the 294 I felt like I knew all the subjects and felt like I did a pretty good on almost every question. It felt like I should have scored a 800 everytime but instead I got 646/687/769. This test was definitely my beast since I disagreed with half of the questions they posted.

This took me FOREVER (3-4 years). But I've been on a cert kick recently so getting my MCSE and VCP in the past 1-2 months is a great achievement.

I'll be taking my 70-647 and my 70-649 in the next month or so to become a MCITP:EA!

Thats fantastic news!!! Accept my whole-hearted congrats and get smashed tonight!!!

I think I am going to agree with you on 294. 291 was WAY more straightforward.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    woo hoo. It's official.

Credential Certification / Version Date Achieved

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Feb 19, 2010
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Feb 19, 2010

You may learn something!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats buddy!
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Super99 wrote: »
    Congratulations.
    I've making my 294 in three weeks. Any wise words for me?

Yup, I struggled with implementing a user/group/OU structure the most. I would make sure you know when MS gives you a scenario like "you have helpdesk and 4 offices and helpdesk needs access to 4 offices" that you know exactly what Microsoft wants the OU structure to look like.

You may learn something!
  • PeibolPeibol Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif

I know how you feel after getting this done. Took me 1 year to get it done, plus 1 and a half more before that to start (cause of job and life situations).

Hope to see soon your post about that MCITP:EA done. icon_thumright.gif
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! The MCSE is no small feat.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats..... no small feat.....

Good things come to those that wait..... or put in the time and effort......
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your achievement! icon_cheers.gif
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!