CCNA need help with MPLS exam.

smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my CCNA and would like to know if I can go and study for the 642-611 exam?
Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    You can study for and sit whatever tests you want. If your CCNA is valid you will qualify for the CCIP cert once you finish the exams.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco will let you take almost any exam you want, whenever you want. The only limits are the 5 day wait after you fail an exam to try that exam again, and a 180 wait to take an exam again after you pass it. It's only the CCIE Lab exams that require you pass the corresponding CCIE Written Track exam first before you can access the scheduling system for a CCIE Lab exam.

If you already have MPLS/BGP work experience OR the desire and motivation, you should still be able to do it.

If you don't have that much work experience, then you'll probably need to cover some of the material from the BSCI/ROUTE and BGP exams to get up to speed for the MPLS exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot guys, since MPLS will be my 1st try I will do the 902 exam then try the MPLS exam.
    Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers: