Options

N10-002 vs. IKO-001 in Network+

szipseszipse Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm confused as to the 2 different headings on the 2 Network+ exams available here.

What is the differece between N10-002 and IKO-001?

Thank you very much - Scott

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Scott

N10-002 is the Comptia Network+ exam and IK0-001 is the INet+ exam.

Net+ is for basic Networking principles and INet+ is for E-commerce anf internet related subjects.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    szipseszipse Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Russ. I'm still a bit confused though.

I'm interested in prepping for just the Network+ exam, but the questions on the IKO-001 Practice Exam here seem to be in exactly the same vein as those on the N10-002 Practice Exam.

Any reason why I should or should not study these (or any other) IKO-001 questions even though I'm prepping only for the Network+ (and not the INet+) exam?
  • Options
    I'm not certain as I haven't studied any INet material but I am guessing that there is a lot of stuff in regard to servers and such like that are involved in the Internet. Network+ covers that plus LAN, WAN etc.
    The Net+ exam has lots of questions on the OSI stuff - some ports - 802 specs and a bit more. 72 questions and they allow about 90 mins I seem to remember. Took me about 30 as I raced through it and wasn't worried about my score as I knew I would pass.
    Must admit that I won't be so loose on my 70-210 ... lol
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    Hey Scott

I forgot to add - I think anything you read will help, just as long as it isn't chaet cheets ... lol.
    I was using CBT as well as the Mike Meyers books and I viewed the Net+ disks before I did my A+ exams - gave me a better understanding of the network side and was definitely helpful towards my 979 score as I was kind of light in that area.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i-net, i think, because it is internet orientated, covers elements of networking and servers, as well as html.
    A+ Moderator