Is there a way in to this machine?..

LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
This is a Windows XP Embedde box...
CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
Microsoft: MCSA 2003

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Odds are there are dozens of us on here who could get in but i'm certainly not going to help you out on this one. We're all just persona's on the internet so forgive me if I don't believe much of what I read.

Heorot,gpen,oscp training is all available for you to take though :)
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Did you lose the Admin Password?
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    sorry cant help u. I find it hard to believe that you have all these certs and you don't know how to get into this pc.
  • Options
    Super99 wrote: »
    sorry cant help u. I find it hard to believe that you have all these certs and you don't know how to get into this pc.

dont get me wrong, im in the system, i can do whatever wish obviously as im in (like changing the admin password..., that was not my question.

thank you gentlemen.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    You original question was:

Knowing all this, all I need is the password to get in remotely?

It depends on what you consider "getting in" to be. There are many services that can run on a Windows box that do not require a password to access. It's also possible to exploit many vulnerabilities without needing a password. You can also own another box on the network that has a trust relationship with the original box. But you probably already know all this, so what's your point?
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I came to the party a little late (after the edit of the original post). What did I miss?
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
  • Options
    Thanks again JD.