BSCI 2nd Tray 2/23/2010 Today = PASS!

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Well,

Firstly, it would be nice if I wasn't so excited I could spell TRY right, LOL. My 2nd time was a charm with the BSCI. My signature wasn't updated my 2nd attempt was supposed to be 2/6/2010, but we got hammered with like 36 inches of snow, so it was cancelled, then I rescheduled for the following Saturday, we got nailed with another 15 inches of snow, so it got cancelled. So, needless to say I was thinking that I wasn't supposed to take this exam lol. My first attempt back in January I got a 783, needed 790 to pass so I failed by 7 points. This time around, I did run into one sim that I could not figure out. I did my best and moved on. This time around I got an 821, needed 790 to pass. So, I will definitely take it!!! Finally the burden of BSCI can be lifted off my shoulders lol. So, my plan now: Saturday March 6th, 2010, I take the TSHOOT Beta for free being one of the first 150 people to register. I won't get those results until April 30th. Between now and then, I plan to study for the ONT and attempt to take the exam sometime before the TSHOOT results. This way if I would not pass the TSHOOT, I already have passed the ONT and would only have ISCW left to do before the deadline. If I pass the TSHOOT then of course I won't have to do the ISCW exam, but I will definitely study all the material itself because I do not want to miss out on everything in ISCW. Plus, I wanted to take the CCNA: Security after doing the ISCW as well.

Comments

• billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Thanks man! You guys have been such a great encouragement and help since I started back a year and a half ago studying for my CCNA. Everyone here is always willing to share information and help each other out. I'm really glad to be part of this forum.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with TSHOOT! icon_thumright.gif

Um, you will have time to slip in some celebration drunken_smilie.gif before heading back to the books, icon_study.gif right?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! And definitely take Mike's advice. Take a little break to celebrate. I didn't take a break between my NP exams and by the time I was done I had major burn out. Its been over a year and I'm just now getting back to wanting to take exams. Enjoy the pass for a little while!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gbadmangbadman Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. That's excellent news. You're almost there. icon_wink.gif
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties

-[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Harry Truman[/FONT]
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats dude. You are really inspiring and making me want the NP more than ever.
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    congrats!
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
    There will be a little bit of a break. Probably a week or so. I haven't been too burnt out yet. Well, I was burnt out at my first fail of the BSCI, then after passing this time, it has given me more motivation. So, I will be hitting the ONT books soon, but definitely will celebrate the BSCI pass! In you guys opinion would you say BSCI is the hardest out of BCMSN, BSCI, ISCW, and ONT? I'm just curious what everyone that has the CCNP thinks.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    My ranking of hardest to easiest:

BSCI
    BCMSN
    ONT
    ISCW

I think ONT and ISCW are both equally hard (or easy), but a lot of people have trouble with QoS at first.
  • mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Congrats!!!

How long had you been studying for when you first attempted the exam?
    I studied for about two months before my first attempt. That was about 4-5 hours per day studying though. My 2nd attempt, would have been a week later, but it got snowed out twice. So, a total of 2 1/2 months or so. I used the BSCI Cisco Press Book, as well as Train Signal videos, and of course labbing everything that I could think of. I did purchase the Cisco BSCI Lab Portfolio. I highly recommend it.
  • eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Congrats man, i knew you will do it icon_thumright.gif.
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, you are sooo close now! Your an inspiration and your also my hero !!! lol
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats man, almost at the end of the track!
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    congrats
    dont panic on ONT compared to BSCI its a cakewalk and you've done alot of the wireless stuff for it in BCMSN. icon_thumright.gif
    aldous wrote: »
    congrats
    dont panic on ONT compared to BSCI its a cakewalk and you've done alot of the wireless stuff for it in BCMSN. icon_thumright.gif

That is great to know man! I appreciate the information. I probably am going to start studying for ONT this Saturday. I make myself get up early on weekends and week days to fit my studying in. I'm pretty excited about tackling the ONT and then going on to the ISCW. I got the TSHOOT Beta March 6th, can't wait to see what that is like.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats man! I'm taking my BSCI today =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Congrats, one, possibly two more tests and you're home free.
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    That is great to know man! I appreciate the information. I probably am going to start studying for ONT this Saturday. I make myself get up early on weekends and week days to fit my studying in. I'm pretty excited about tackling the ONT and then going on to the ISCW. I got the TSHOOT Beta March 6th, can't wait to see what that is like.
    forgot to add as well BCMSN has quite a bit of the QoS stuff on ONT so depending on how deep you went into learning that it will be more like revision then learning new concepts. let us know (as much as you can ) about TSHOOT i got mine on the 15th.
    chmorin wrote: »
    Congrats man! I'm taking my BSCI today =)

Good luck on the exam!
    aldous wrote: »
    forgot to add as well BCMSN has quite a bit of the QoS stuff on ONT so depending on how deep you went into learning that it will be more like revision then learning new concepts. let us know (as much as you can ) about TSHOOT i got mine on the 15th.

Yeah I remember QoS from the BCMSN. So, I don't think it will be too bad. None of them have been too bad "studying" wise. The exams definitely are difficult, I mean I seen that when I took the BCMSN and I really seen that when I took the BSCI. I now know why they call the BSCI the "beast" lol. They are tough exams but if you prepare they can be passed. I know CCNP will lead me to a raise at my current job, but I'm looking for a move to another department dealing with this kind of stuff or finding a job somewhere else. My current position is classified as "Network Engineer." Don't ask me why because it has nothing to do with Cisco routers or anything it's more of a help desk type role. We do deal with Cisco ACS's though, VPN accounts, and Access Lists on contractor VPN accounts. I have a friend that is a CCIE that keeps encouraging me that it will help lead me to better opportunities. He is actually flying out to San Jose, California, this coming week for his 3rd interview (face-to-face) with Google.

burbankmarc -> Thanks man :) I hope your BCMSN studies are going good man! When are you going to test on that?
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats bro. I would rank the exams in this order

BSCI
    BCMSN
    ISCW
    ONT

ONT was very easy, surprisingly so. BSCI was by far the most difficult.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, well deserved I'm sure. I just received the Lab Portfolio and there's a ton of goodies that you don't really get by just going through the study guide.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    Congrats man, well deserved I'm sure. I just received the Lab Portfolio and there's a ton of goodies that you don't really get by just going through the study guide.

oh yeah, the lab portfolio is awesome. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I went through the entire thing about 3-4 times.