Questions about CCNA

zobo88zobo88 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Few Queries

1) Should you take the exam as whole or in the two parts ICND1&2?

2)Is the necessary to study from books or can CBTs be enough for preparation?

3)Is the exam just MCQ based or do you also have to login the switch/router and do actual configs ?

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    zobo88 wrote: »
    Few Answers :-

Only you can decide that, all depends how much experience you have in networking etc.

Books, CBT and hands on LABS will suffice. CBT's alone will not be enough imo

3)Is the exam just MCQ based or do you also have to login the switch/router and do actual configs ?
    Cisco Career Certification exams include the following test formats:

* Multiple-choice single answer
    * Multiple-choice multiple answer
    * Drag-and-drop
    * Fill-in-the-blank
    * Testlet
    * Simlet
    * Simulations

hth icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    1. I tell everyone to do the two exams, but it really doesn't matter.

2. CBTs typically aren't enough.

3. What laidback said.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Since the end cost of going the 2 test route is the same as the 1 test route, I really suggest going the 2 test route.
  • zobo88zobo88 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Welcome to the forum.

I'll put in my 2 cents as well:

This is really honestly personal preference. Most people do two exams. Some do one exam. I did the one exam because I wanted to get it over with one shot. The only downfall to that is that you have to study ICND1 and ICND2 and then test. If you do the two exam route, you can study ICND1 and then test, then study ICND2 and then test. The only thing I can see with that is you have more questions you will have 40-60 or so per exam. The one exam is the same amount but on both material. That's really the only difference.

You should use a combination of both for the result of learning. When studying for my CCNA I used the Cisco Exam Certification Library by Wendell Odom ($34.00 or so plus shipping from Amazon). From there you can use CBT to fill in the gaps that you don't get from the Books. But, the Wendell Odom Cisco press books are great, they have everything in there you need to pass the CCNA.

3) already answered by the other members.

The only thing I can say about #3 is the fact that you should lab, lab, lab, and then oh yeah, lab some more, because chances are your going to get simulation questions where you have to actually be able to complete "some task." Good luck on all your studies.