PVDM3 Help!

BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
Sorry to be posting on this forum for something as silly as where can I get.
But I don’t know where else to ask icon_rolleyes.gif
Basically Cisco UK and there rubbish main shipper have managed to spanner us again we have just Purchased a 2911 for cme spec'ed with an E1, FXO, FXS, and a Dual port BRI CUE. When shipped to us it comes with a 16 pvdm3 in "can you see where this is going" icon_thumright.gif they said the other part is not available and they will sell it to us when they can get it "in this case an extra PVDM3-64"
So completely pointless selling us the dam thing at all. We have now been sent a pvdm2-64 and guess what there is no converter available for 2 months "another why did you bother".

Any way has any one come across a stockist that actually Stocks the pvdm3-64 or the pvdm2-3 adapter. Or is this another cisco dough!
I am currently on a wasted trip to Madrid that looks like I might have to leave there 1700 in place.

Any help much appreciated

J

Comments

• pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sounds like Cisco's way of stalling until they get all of the bugs worked out of IOS 15 :)

Seems like every place that I check says either "out of stock" or "call" for the PVDM2-ADPTR
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd question if they even exist since you can't even get a knock-off from a Hong Kong vendor yet. icon_wink.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like we are stuffed as it were.
    Why bother selling a peice of kit that cant do the job it is spec'ed for and not allowing us to buy the older one that would.
    I willl add this to the list of vendor hates going up there with why cant i but a sensibly priced access layer switch that is PoE and 1G
    and why has it taken Cisco UK over 3 months to supply us with a 48 port 2960 G
    icon_thumright.gif

TBH got to say the hp procurve switches are very good in that role

Unless any one else has seen the PVDM3 i think we are stuffed! Thanks Guys

J
    Were the 2811s just out of stock, or not available anymore? I'm trying to stick with 28xx deployments as long as I can.
    Think just out of stock or our supplyer was bending us over.
    An update we are being shipped the PVDM3-64 now just 1 week to late icon_thumright.gif
    i am guessing the Voice bundle is what was not avalible rather than the 2811 them be some fine routers :) saying that the 2900 bar not having the right parts was nice to use and the new style is nice.
    i am looking forward to playing with the 1900 although i cant see why it is only a 2U and round WTF this is not a MAC cisco.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    BADfish10 wrote: »
    i am looking forward to playing with the 1900 although i cant see why it is only a 2U and round WTF this is not a MAC cisco.
    Eh. It is just the top corners. You need to use the special mounting bracket anyway if you're going to rack it so the shape isn't a problem. Just be thankful that they didn't use the same style enclosures as the plastic 1700s :P

The 2U is because they physically needed more space because of the double width HWIC slots and the built in wireless on the W model. The 1941 is slightly deeper than the 1841 with the same width but is twice as tall.
    compared to the old 1700 tis good but i cant see the reasoning behind the shape why and looking at it if they went and made it a tad deeper they could of dropped the power supply down. the depth is not normail a factor when buying a router where hight makes more difference.
    i am fairly excited about it being about twice the power of an 1841 and having 2 gig connections and the support for CME and then like.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    compared to the old 1700 tis good
    Yeah. The plastic 1700s were fugly even when they were brand new.
    i cant see the reasoning behind the shape why and looking at it if they went and made it a tad deeper they could of dropped the power supply down. the depth is not normail a factor when buying a router where hight makes more difference.
    The rounded corners are just to make it look "new" or different. Same as any product design really. You want to make it look nice and distinguish it from old products and competitors products.

I know that height is important for rackmount hardware but making it extra deep isn't good either. For small offices which these are generally intended for, most are probably not even racked and the few that are will be in very shallow rackmount cabinets.
    i am fairly excited about it being about twice the power of an 1841 and having 2 gig connections and the support for CME and then like.
    Yeah. When they start appearing for a reasonable price on the secondhand market, I'll consider picking one up for use at home. Depending on the licensing situation however, I might just go for a 2800 instead since they should be appearing more on the secondhand market due to the 2900s being released.
    I wonder what's up with Cisco's lead times of late - I was told roughly 4 months for a UC520, and 2.5 months lead for a UC540 today (via direct or distro).
    Ditto Direct and distro here!
    being in the UK for this sort of stuff realy sucks think they send the stuff over on bannana boat!
    Another thing that is anoying me is that downloads from Cisco seem to of droped off and there website is slow as anything now,
    Sort of an anti advert for there products i feel.
    Take for instance i have a 50mb link at home i can download 2gb ish files of Microsoft in about 5-7 min via VL now today / yesterday i have had to download
    a 12.4 T ios CME 7.0/4.3 (another gripe there in finding the right download) i got a blitering 12kbs on each download now that is a capped speed if ever there was.
    and it was not bad enough that i have had to download the same tar 2 times the fact it takes 40 min a pop for 60mb.
    i have downloaded cme-full-7.0.0.1.tar 2 times and they are different same name exactly diffferent content there new ish website sucks slow clunky clumbsy and badly ordered.
    I hope they get there Act together soon and stop waisting our time.

J