11 Million CCNA's World Wide ????

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone have a link or can provide some stat as to how many CCNA's there are per Country,State,Prov.

I recieved my CCNA ID and I hope that number doesn't map to how many CCNA's there really are out there. 11 Million ?

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    The ID is just to make you unique to Pearson VUE, I believe. I don't think it's indicative of how many CCNAs or other Cisco certified people there are.
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was curious too and went poking around. You can see the number of CCIEs here:

CCIEs Worldwide - CCIE RESOURCES - Cisco Systems

But apparently Cisco won't give out the information on the other certs. There's a thread up on the learning network from mid last year here:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/28386#28386

Someone there said that the total number of certs is 1,000,000+ now. Take out the 20,000someodd CCIEs and you have around 980,000 to split among the other certs.
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    Well, CCNA isn't the hardest of certification's!

I'm dissapointed, i applied for a job recently and they listed MCP/CCNA (i had both) still got turned down to even an interview.
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    hexem wrote: »
    Well, CCNA isn't the hardest of certification's!

I'm dissapointed, i applied for a job recently and they listed MCP/CCNA (i had both) still got turned down to even an interview.

Maybe it's because you've only the CCENT :)
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    blackninja wrote: »

Zing!icon_lol.gif
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    only 1000 CCIE's in the UK... well I hope to be adding to that in the comming years :)

And yer to be honest I never passed the CCNA to get a job, too many people walk out of a 5 week collage course with a CCNA for it to be taken seriously in job hunting.

It was for me just a step along the way to CCNP. I hope once i have a few of the CCNP exams on the card + my experince my CV will start to look enticing.

900,000 ish other Cisco certs around? make my few seem so insignifint... LOL
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • hexemhexem Member Posts: 177
    blackninja wrote: »

I put CCNA on my CV, not CCENT. ;]

that's besides the point, i have over 4 years of experience in the I.T field, just not cisco.

maybe it wasn't pretty enough, who knows!
    ICND1 - Passed 25/01/10
    ICND2 - Passed 9/03/10

Studying CCNA:S
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□

that's besides the point, i have over 4 years of experience in the I.T field, just not cisco.

Mate, I have 4+ years pure cisco experince, plus lots of experince in other fields and a number of other certifiates not in my profile here. And I still often fail to get interviews.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385

Don't sweat it, just teasing :)

I think we are all in the same boat. I even got a CV company to make it "pretty" with all the buzz words in - still, the phone remains quiet.

Bad times!
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)