Options

Missing Exchange skills

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
My company is going to lay off very soon (maybe tomorrow), so I already begin to look for a new possition. Many people call me about my resume but they always mention about Exchange skills, this is very frustared with me because I did not have the opportunirity to work with Exchange ever, and my focus was in Security, so maybe I screwed up a little bit in my market, so I already begin to wach Trainsignal video for Exchange 2007 and begin to set up a lab, but I am little late to update those skills.
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Im in the same boat, i never used or supported it until this job and now we support 3 versions. Doh!
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    It's tough, but I think you are doing the right things now.

I now work for a company that uses Lotus Notes for email. I do miss working with Exchange. I am looking for a way to stay current myself.
  • Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    impelse wrote: »
    My company is going to lay off very soon (maybe tomorrow), so I already begin to look for a new possition. Many people call me about my resume but they always mention about Exchange skills, this is very frustared with me because I did not have the opportunirity to work with Exchange ever, and my focus was in Security, so maybe I screwed up a little bit in my market, so I already begin to wach Trainsignal video for Exchange 2007 and begin to set up a lab, but I am little late to update those skills.

I think Exchange is a very high in demand skill. It is desirable even if you just have little exposure to it. I would say what you are doing is good and not too late to update on it. I also dont see the demand for it going away anytime soon.