Options

problem with "additional tasks" in SDM

spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
I've heard of this before but I can't seem to find a way to fix it. The only router I have currently that supports SDM is my 1721 and i've got 12.4 IOS on it. I'm running windows 7 using firefox 3.6 and IE8. I can't get it to work with either of them. SDM will load find but the additional tasks button just doesn't work.

I've tried playing around with the java version, so far i've tried jre 6u17, jre 6u17, jre 6u6(apparently not supported by firefox 3.6).

Anyone know which java version will work with either firefox 3.6/IE8 and windows 7 for SDM?

Comments

• Options
    tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It might be old, but this version works fine for me with SDM 2.5

jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p
    ICND1 - Passed March 19/2010
    ICND2 - Passed April 8/2010
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, definitely your java version – I ran into the exact same problem so now I always keep an old version on hand:

j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586

I think the key is to go pre-v6. Just keep the installs handy because the newer stuff (Configuration Assistant Pro comes to mind) need the newer verserions.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    pitviper wrote: »
    Yeah, definitely your java version – I ran into the exact same problem so now I always keep an old version on hand:

j2re-1_4_2_05-windows-i586

I think the key is to go pre-v6. Just keep the installs handy because the newer stuff (Configuration Assistant Pro comes to mind) need the newer verserions.

Yep, that one did the trick. I changed IE8 to my default browser but everytime I tried to use SDM firefox popped up and you can't use anything less than 6 on that. I ended up having to put SDM on the router flash, then opening IE8 and putting in the router IP address and let it load from there. It was actually faster than I thought it would be to load...