Options

Stalker fear over facial-recognition app - The Sun

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Talk about Science Fiction come to life! What I am really curious about is where the database of photos is suppose to come from. I would suppose maybe mass corroboration of volunteers?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2872019/Stalker-fear-over-facial-recognitio

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    this is the correct link :
    Stalker fear over facial recognition phone app | The Sun |News

your link is incomplete :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    its "The Sun" newspaper, and I use the word newspaper loosely about the best thing that comes out of that paper is the sports pages ..... oh and page 3 of course icon_wink.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    its "The Sun" newspaper, and I use the word newspaper loosely about the best thing that comes out of that paper is the sports pages ..... oh and page 3 of course icon_wink.gif

I take it I shouldn't have even posted this? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    So, what I get from the article is BURGLARS, BLACKMAIL, and PERVERTS!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would bet it would come from your govt issued id
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I take it I shouldn't have even posted this? icon_wink.gif

The Sun is pretty much a tabloid...however, I wouldn't say that the stories you see in there are any less factual than much of the "accepted" IT press we see....

MS
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    keenon wrote: »
    I would bet it would come from your govt issued id

we dont have those in the uk..... yet! They are trying to introduce them to improve security! Trials are underway and are currently voluntary!

As for The Sun, well its a cheap tabloid that touts cr@p to the masses and loves nothing more than stiring up hysteria and gossip to feed what ever the latest outrage it feels is at the moment. And of course it makes sure the story is dumbed down enough so as to make sure the local chavs can understand it.

There are imo a couple of newspapers worse than it, but only just lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)