Feb 19 2010 Test takers

aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Has anyone received word on their results?

I have read about the anguish of the waiting period, but to experience it is just awful, awful, awful!

-a

UPDATE: I found out the following day that I passed. Whew!

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You gotta find something else to take your mind off the wait. If you aren't too burnt out from studying, start on your next cert. If you are in need of mental relaxation, I suggest computer games. icon_cool.gif
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    JDMurray wrote: »
    You gotta find something else to take your mind off the wait. If you aren't too burnt out from studying, start on your next cert. If you are in need of mental relaxation, I suggest computer games. icon_cool.gif

+1 for this the wait sucks but we all go through it. I went and took my CCNA Security a couple of weeks after the CISSP, the distraction and positive results helped boost my confidence after the battering of the exam. The work I'd put into my CISSP breezed me through the cisco too icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • aethereosaethereos Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!

Got an email this morning that goes:

"Dear _______:
    Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have passed the Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) examination - the first step in becoming certified as an SSCP."

AHHH!!!! This is just beyond excitement for me! It really feels like getting a big promotion and bonus after 8 years being in IT. I have the formal 4-year bachelor education and experience but just never got around to actually get myself professionally certified until now.

I found my inspiration reading these forums and JD Murray's blogs --- I think I have practically memorized the words. Next on, CISSP!

Not to be cheesy, but to those that went before me: thank you. To those that go after me, good luck! Within the past 30 days I managed to pass:

SSCP
    Security+
    A+
    Network+

I would type more, but my hands are shaking.

YAHHH!!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass!! icon_cheers.gif

Sounds like you've been busy -- you should take this weekend off and celebrate drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • triumphtriumph Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got my email this morning and passed CISSP! This site is a good resource and glad to know people certify ethically. You feel good about your accomplishment when you do it the right way.

My study experience was the following:
    1. schedule the exam three months out so you have no choice but to study
    2. shon harris AIO 4th edition. Read it through, took notes, practice question CD
    3. cccure.org practice q's
    4. about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs of studying each night
    5. use common sense about studying, keeping in mind the exam is not too technical
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations to you both! icon_thumright.gif

And very glad that we here at TE could help you both.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    triumph wrote: »
    passed CISSP!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!