CBK Second Edition - Major change ?

EvilAngelEvilAngel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I am new to this forum.
I begin to prepare the CISSP exam.

A friend of mine lend me his book "The CISSP prep guide: Mastering the ten domain of Computer Security".
I began to study it.
However, I saw that the officiel CISSP CBK has been released in a Second Edition (Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Second Edition).

Does it mean there was a major change in the CISSP if they released a second edition.

Related question: does the content of the CISSP evolve regularly ? Like every year with new chapters, or removal of the oldest ones...

Any info would help.

Thanks

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a new exam and cbk. I would study from that or atleast pick it up to see what's changed. I believe the january maybe febuary exams were the last using the last revision.

I'm not sure if it changes every year but they review it regularly and adjust the cbk and exam when needed. They always provide ample time for people to be prepared.
  • EvilAngelEvilAngel Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stupid question: if they review the CBK regularly, why is there only two edition of the CBK?

When I read on the first page of the book Second Edition (Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, I assume there was only one release before, no ?

Thanks
    EvilAngel wrote: »
    Stupid question: if they review the CBK regularly, why is there only two edition of the CBK?

When I read on the first page of the book Second Edition (Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, I assume there was only one release before, no ?

Thanks

You are correct there are only two official guides. I used the shon harris series which is on version 5 now to study. I found it to be as up to date as possible. It also takes alot of effort to change the CISSP. Look how much information is covered and how quickly our field changes. If i were to guess i'd say they've already started version 3.

When studying for CISSP you should have a variety of sources the questions are based on the domain concepts not necessarily all black and white lifted from the book. The pdf revief on this site is amazing and pulled me through the exam for the domains i was weak on because of lack of experience.

Site Internet de - Accueil
    When studying for CISSP you should have a variety of sources the questions are based on the domain concepts not necessarily all black and white lifted from the book
    I do agree. However, does it mean that for some questions, answers are not in the CBK ?
    EvilAngel wrote: »
    I do agree. However, does it mean that for some questions, answers are not in the CBK ?

I couldn't say for sure about that but I can say there are questions I definately had to use my own knowledge on or guess. There is no way you will memorize everything just make sure you understand what its asking and how to answer it from a security management perspective.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There are question added and removed to the CISSP exam over the course of every year. The (ISC)2 updates the OIG book when finances allows that to happen. The OIG does not contain all of the information that can be found in the items on the CISSP exam, but having the 2nd edition to study from is better than having only the first.
    Thanks for info