Options

need your help!!!!!

okym05okym05 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am starting to study for os, but I have no idea how to prepare for it.
Could you give me some advice please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    okym05 wrote:
    I am starting to study for os, but I have no idea how to prepare for it.
    Could you give me some advice please?

Thanks.

First, I'd get a set of the objectives from Comptia's A+
    work through those to identify anything you don't understand. Feel free to ask your questions in the forum here.

Second, Consider any number of texts in print. One of my favorites as well as many others is Meyers All-in-One

Third, work through the TechNotes both Core and OS (even with you taking OS, you'll want to understand both areas).

Lastly, have a test lab or ability to work with the OS's covered on the exam to familiarize yourself with them, their features, and troubleshooting.

Best of luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    toffeemadtoffeemad Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have passed the Hardware Exam and about 3 hours ago I passed the O/S exam. For the both exams I read through the Mike Meyers All in One guide and then took practise tests. Here's a few tips that I learned along the way.

1) You can kid yourself but not the exam. Revise the subjects you are week on until you are confident. The OS exam I passed today concentrated a lot on Upgrading which is one of my weekest subjects but I had studied hardest on it.

2) Use at least two different practise exams and keep taking the tests until you average about 95% Transcender and BestTest Software are both good simulations and contain over 300 questions.

3) Be able to picture the O/S in your mind and know what tabs do what and how to get to them. Also be prepared to list alternative ways to perform a task.

4) Don't over-study! I set myself a time limit of 1 1/2 hours a night, 4 nights a week. When you're brain says "no more" listen to it!

5) Enjoy you're study. When it becomes a chore have a break or come back to it another day when you have a clearer head.

6) Be resourceful. There is no one book/CD that will guarantee a pass. Use the Web to look up subjects and forums to see what other people think.

Sorry this is a bit long-winded but I hope you find some useful parts to help you.

Best of Luck!!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Welcome to the forum Toffeemad!

Congratulations on your pass and I appreciate you mentioning your study tips/methods Always good to hear those ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    okym05okym05 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congraturations on your pass, toffeemad!!!!

And thank you so much for giving me some advise to prepare for the OS exam, Plantwiz and toffeemad.
    I had been studying for the hardware one, but I failed twice. I got some OS questions in hardware exam, so I thought I should study for the OS as well.
    I ordered Mike Meyers book, and I will mainly study the book and do some practice exams on this site and mcmcse.

Thanks again, guys!