Is posible?

gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
I going to get m ccna later this year and then my ccna security (a local college have both courses) but doesnt have wireless so its posible get my ccna wireless with some book and gns3? (i cant pay real equpiment)

and/or can i get my ccna voice with the same method??

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    gouki2005 wrote: »
    I going to get m ccna later this year and then my ccna security (a local college have both courses) but doesnt have wireless so its posible get my ccna wireless with some book and gns3? (i cant pay real equpiment)

and/or can i get my ccna voice with the same method??
    If you can't demonstrate the skills and knowledge you should have obtained studying for a certification on a job interview, then it's pretty much a waste of time and money.

That said, it sounds like Cisco has taken pity on CCNA:Wireless candidates and doesn't grill them as badly as they could to weed out candidates without the hands on skills. Other than the people who have the equipment at work, it seems everyone else to who puts in an honest effort studying can pass the exam, even if they don't have access to $5000+ worth of wireless equipment.

The CCNA:Voice tests you on the $2000+ UC520 -- but you can get by with a $200+ eBay investment (1760 with CME, a PVDM, and a couple of cheap Cisco IP Phone), the CBT Nuggets, and some time staring at pictures of the UC520 software interface.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I did the CCNA Voice without equipment. I used GNS3, but you can't emulate Unity Express or the POTS commands and that makes it a little harder than it has to. You can lab with all other commands. I created a lot of interesting topologies with Virtual MAchines, IP communicator and IP blue softphone. You get to watch the boot process (use wireshark and you wont forget the process!) , practice dial peers, all the features that dont involve POTS and can try a lot of stuff that are even beyond the scope of the CCNA Voice.

Having to learn the stuff that you cant lab is really tough though, and I think the fact that they dont go really in depth with the material makes it even harder, but you can do it. After I "knew" I was ready I studied for like another 100 hours, because of the uncertainty that I felt with a lot of stuff I had never touched. As Mike said, you need to learn and memorize all the screenshots of UC520 that you get to see, but it is not as bad as it sounds because it is really intuitive.

The exam was not hard. With that said, I read a lot more than the official certification guide (CME systems administrator guide and Cisco IOS Voice, fax and video configuration guide), and I can only remember one or two QOS questions that I knew I had seen somewhere but didnt really know the answer and can't swear it was on the official guide.

You can definitely pass without a lab. It is harder and you probably wont learn the POTS stuff as well as if you had one, but you can do it. ]

Good luck.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.