Options

IPv6 in the server world.

timoskitimoski Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im curious, is it already being used in a big way. How long , at a rough guess of course , has Ip4 got left?

Being in the process of learning ip4 (sub netting etc etc) for 291 at the moment, it seems that maybe im going to have to learn the same thing all over again this time with ip6! Guess I better get used to it huh?

Comments

• Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    timoski wrote: »
    Being in the process of learning ip4 (sub netting etc etc) for 291 at the moment, it seems that maybe im going to have to learn the same thing all over again this time with ip6! Guess I better get used to it huh?

Yep, we're all gonna have to learn the new system one day. Personally I don't think IPv6 will be prevalent for another 5-10 years. Hopefully I'll be out of the technical field before it happens.
  • Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    I am so frustrated at the moment! been trying to learn about ipv6. none of it makes any sense. I feel the same way. I have been studying so hard for the ccna and still am and the thought of having to do it all over again over such a complex topic is just do depressing. I was so happy because i understand ipv4 so well and can subnet with ease. icon_sad.gif is there an easy way to learn ipv6. any good resources ?

this suckss!