Options

CCNA Voice - Day 1

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Ran every lab in chapters 1-3 of "IP Telephony Using CallManager Express Lab Portfolio"
- I actually found that the 2621XM isn't supported by the CCA. That being said, I am pretty familiar with it so I am not going to worry about it much. Still disappointing that it wasn't supported

Read through chapter 1 and 2 in "CCNA Voice, Official Exam Certificaiton Guide"
- Probably the most dry thing I have read in a while. I did like the Unified Communication layer Model. But I found myself with a HUGE stack of flash cards with the trivia details of phones, routers etc etc. I wonder how much of this will actually be on the exam? I normally wouldn't concern myself with the trivial details of the models but I have heard from coworkers that they made that mistake pre-testing.

Watched video 1 of CBTNuggets CCNA voice
- just a starter video so no real input here

Ordered some IP phones off ebay
- ordered a couple 7906 phones and borrowed a 7931g from work. So I think I have a good setup there

to do -
I am hoping to read over chapter 3 tomorrow in the Exam Guide and then just generaly goof around on the router some.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    rodan07rodan07 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Ran every lab in chapters 1-3 of "IP Telephony Using CallManager Express Lab Portfolio"

Read through chapter 1 and 2 in "CCNA Voice, Official Exam Certificaiton Guide"

I read the whole book over Christmas break and am fixing to dive in this week with labs.

I've got most of a good lab at my house (if memory serves it was azaghul whose lab postings I used to order everything), and have everything but a VIC-2FXS, which I'll get by & by.

So wish me luck!

R
    Roy Verges, CCNA
    Working on CCNA Voice & MCSA.
    Hoping for time to exercise and play music (dream on...)