Options

Boson netsim....

Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
In trying to configure routers, I get to the part of configuring the serial port, and no more than 30 seconds, it auto. goes down! I have tried several times(running into days) to get several serial ports to work (after no shut command) and no matter what they always go down icon_evil.gif - has anyone else run into this problem? I do understand it can bee a keepalive problem, but that is not disabled- is it recommended to place a clock rate on each and every config? And for the purpose of the sim, I'm not sure it's an encapsulation problem. Any assistance is quite helpful- and yes I have e-mailed the company twice--so far..
Someone asked me when will my studying be over......

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have found that the net sim doesn't allow u to configure gig interfaces and i have issues with trunking.. i think its a cool sim but it has its flaws
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Thank you for the reply...this is what's it's all about- after tearing my hair out...after different configs, I finally got inital things to work with routers 2501 and 2621... icon_eek.gif ....so now it's time to play harder...I'm sure I will run into more quirks... icon_rolleyes.gif
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    DustystratDustystrat Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sulblk27 wrote:
    In trying to configure routers, I get to the part of configuring the serial port, and no more than 30 seconds, it auto. goes down!

I ran into a similar problem. My serial interfaces would go down within seconds of of doing a "no shut" What fixed it was setting the clock rates on whichever device/interface was controlling it. Once I did that everything stayed on and worked just fine.

I was recreating the network map shown in the Sybex Deluxe book and got stuck when setting up those serial interfaces linking the three lab routers together. Once I set the clock rates on the middle router... everything stayed up and working. Not sure if this is the same situation. Thought I would throw in my 2 cents. icon_wink.gif
    Working on CCNA
  • Options
    walaboomwalaboom Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do a show controllers and find out which one is the DCE interface and set a clockrate on DCE interface, it should work :D