Just upgraded to MCSA 2003

joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just finished the 70-291 exam and passed. :D
This pass upgraded me from MCSA2000 to MCSA2003. I am now trying to decide whether to get the MCSE certification (two additional exams) before the MCITP track or just go ahead to the MCITP track.

Comments

• MrCodMrCod Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just finished the 70-291 exam and passed. :D
    This pass upgraded me from MCSA2000 to MCSA2003. I am now trying to decide whether to get the MCSE certification (two additional exams) before the MCITP track or just go ahead to the MCITP track.

Congrats! How was it? I havent updated my certs since NT 4.0 and so starting to now.
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrCod wrote: »
    Congrats! How was it? I havent updated my certs since NT 4.0 and so starting to now.

So far from 70-290 and 70-291 as long as you have some experience with a Server environment and have gone through it well the exams are very passable with little worries IMHO. Simulations are very straight forward and really nothing tricky or anything that tries to trip you up. More of a "do you know how to do this" type of thing.

If you haven't had much experience in an actual Server environment these exams will be, and really should be, difficult.

Anyone with advice on should I go do the MCSE or just skip it and go on to MCITP. I am shooting for MCITP:EA but haven't decided if I should take the time to test on three additional exams to get MCSE? My boss is paying for all of my exams for the rest of the year so I want to take full advantage of this but don't want to waste time if not necessary. The company I work for manages both 2003 and 2008 Servers.
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Anyone with advice on should I go do the MCSE or just skip it and go on to MCITP.

I'd skip the MCSE and go straight on into the MCITP. If time or money are factors, just do the MCITP:SA.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers