Question on exam sims

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
When doing the sims on the real exam, can you abbreviate commands?
ie: int e0 and sh instead of typing out the full commands?
I would hate to get an answer marked wrong by using abbreviations.

Thanks

Comments

• dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    Thanks.
    I noticed someone in your link said the "?" worked in the actual exam (VUE). I wonder if it lists avaiable commands? My guess would be no.

Also, there are no fill in the blank questions right? Everything is multiple choice or sim?

Thanks for reply
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I had a sim on my BSCI exam, and it covered a topic I didn't expect to be on the exam at all. Knowing the topic in theory, I was able to complete the sim (I'm quite sure correctly) with the help of ?. I've heard others that it didn't work...
    Also, there are no fill in the blank questions right?
    I hope someone else can 'fill you in' on that one, I can't remember getting any of those though.
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had no "fill in the blank" when I took the test last week. If I remember the tutorial correctly there are no such questions in CCNA at all.

Regards,
    Lordy
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • WorktruckWorktruck Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    On the prep centers website they have the tutorial for the exam and it has a fill in the blank example so yeah I guess it's there somewhere. I didn't see any on my first attempt so I'm hoping they are just rare.
    Guys, if you enter a command wrong in the SIMs, does the sim tell you via the "invalid input detected here"? Or does the test not say anything?
  • c_gc_g Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It will tell you are incorrect, just as a real router/switch would. The pointer with give you a general area in the line where your error is/should be. The look and feel is just as if you were sitting in front of the actual piece of hardware, for the most part.
    Thanks for the help, -cg
    Thanks.
    I wonder, does it count against you when you make mistakes?

I wonder if you can make a bunch of mistakes, do a sh run, see what you did wrong........then correct it.
    Would THAT situation be marked as correct or incorrect?
  • DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I'm pretty sure that what's scored is your saved config. That's why it's essential to copy run start in the sims. If you're config ain't right (or ain't there) then you're screwed, otherwise, it's all good.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm pretty sure that what's scored is your saved config. That's why it's essential to copy run start in the sims. If you're config ain't right (or ain't there) then you're screwed, otherwise, it's all good.
    I agree that it is most probably the eventual config and not how you get there. But you don't need to save the configuration:

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7268