3rd times a charm

dandanearldandanearl Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
after passing A+ and Network+ with no problem I set my sights on Security+. I read tcat's and preplogic, did the practice questions and failed with a 716! So, I reveiwed the practice questions and skimmed the books for two days and failed again with a 716. Two months, $675(my company paid, thank god) later and actually understanding the basics of security now I passed with an 852. Some of the comptia questions are just way to ambiguous! I also talked my company into buying exam simulators for me, preplogic, BFQ, and boson. They were all very good, but way more in depth than what is needed for the test.
I work in a unix(hp-ux) invironment as a hardware tech so I am starting to study for Linux+ and server+.
Anyways thanks for your help and I will see ya on the other forums!

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hearty congrats dandanearl icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jacev1jacev1 Member Posts: 107
    Congrats!

BTW, You must work for a good co. if they pay for all that training!
    Wars not make one great. Coffee makes one Great!
    - Master Yoda
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Congrats on the test pass.....What's next?
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • dandanearldandanearl Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    whats next? Well Im currently taking the MS2152 class at a local community college and looking to take the 70-210, and 70-215 tests in the next couple weeks and applying them toward the MCSE, MSDBA, and hopefully someday CISSP! Im also working on Server+ and Linux+. I got a late start in the computer industry so Im trying to make up lost time by studying non stop!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Well, good luck to you...This board is great for all those you listed....And it is never too late to get into the field.....Well, I can think of one point it would be too late...but you won't be worring about much at that point. icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA