Should I take A+ OS and MCP 70-210 same day?

techboyjktechboyjk Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Actually, first, should I use the technotes for 70-210/70-270 to help study for A+ OS?

And, if so, how does 70-210 compare in difficulty to A+ OS? Do the technotes cover all of 70-210/70-270?

Also, I want to get my MCSA. Will 70-210, 70-215, 70-270, plus (Net+,A+) get me the MCSA? If so, I'm thinking I knock out A+OS and 210 next week. Then spend the following week studying for 215, then the next week 270. That way I could be an MCSA in the next three weeks? I have experience in all tests, so I'm not afraid to cram for a week and go test.....

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Study of M$ client OSs will help with what you encounter on the A+ OS exam, but also need to study materials with an "A+ flavor". My favorite is MIke Meyers's All-in-One A+ study guide. Or you can get others. If you have a lot of experience something like an ExamCram2 might work for you. And, M$ client study won't do anything for you on the A+ hardware exam.

I think that Webmaster has touched each objective for the exam, but the technotes are for a guide in "cramming", and they are good. Have a full exam guide on standby, that is my opinion. But, I'm bad about overkill anyway!

I haven't taken the M$ exams yet, but I've studied a lot. There is nothing "A-plussy" about the M$ material. From what I read and from studies I do, there is a lot of difference between the form of the exams.

Only you can decide if you can do the exam-a-week event. Doesn't sound likely to me. More of an exam-a-month scenario.

No, the track you have listed won't do MCSA. You can't use 2 client exams in the track--either 210 or 270, not both. Here's where you find what you need for MCSA http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp.

Good luck on your preparations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you think you can, then do so.

I guess my question would be why did you not take A+ Core and Hardware together? And now desire to double up with A+ OS and an MS test? Your prerogative, just not the typical.
    techboyjr wrote:
    Also, I want to get my MCSA. Will 70-210, 70-215, 70-270, plus (Net+,A+) get me the MCSA? If so, I'm thinking I knock out A+OS and 210 next week. Then spend the following week studying for 215, then the next week 270. That way I could be an MCSA in the next three weeks? I have experience in all tests, so I'm not afraid to cram for a week and go test.....

Wanting and needing are two different things. Do you currently work in an environment that warrants holding an MCSA? If so, then it sounds reasonable to try to accomplish all your tests so quickly. If you are testing to test, then I'd personally suggest slowing down to actually use the material.

None of the tests you mentioned are difficult! They are all very straight-forward and cover the material that most people work with during a business day. Depending upon the size of the organization you work for, you may or may not use some of the methods described for installations of the OS, such as a Network install, but working with in the environment will make most of the objectives seem rather easy - allowing you to invest your study time in the areas where you may not use during the day.

You may wish to check again the requirements for MCSA.
    210 + 215 + 270 + NET+ and A+ are not the required tests ;) 210 OR 270 if I recall is the option. You may need to add the 218.

So, no 3 weeks to complete an MCSA isn't impossible nor unrealistic - provided the reasons are correct. Being certified doesn't guarantee employment.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?