SSCP Exam

2E1512E151 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does Prometric do the SSCP exam, or will you need another testing center?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They proctor their own exams, which is why the availability is so limited. You can register here: https://webportal.isc2.org/Custom/ExamsSearch.aspx
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    2E151 wrote: »
    Does Prometric do the SSCP exam, or will you need another testing center?

No they don't. However over the next 3 years (ISC)2 will be moving to Pearson Vue, starting this year with the CSSLP.

See here :)

-Ken
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    No they don't. However over the next 3 years (ISC)2 will be moving to Pearson Vue, starting this year with the CSSLP.
    Uh, that depends on how the CSSLP experiment goes.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Uh, that depends on how the CSSLP experiment goes.

Hopefully badly... icon_wink.gif

When I go for the test I want it to still have the same reputation when I come out.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm still a bit stunned that with all the exam integrity problems that cert vendors like CompTIA, Cisco, and Microsoft have had with computer-based testing, the (ISC)2 would even consider it. Maybe the (ISC)2 is planning on making its exams available only in testing centers that are very tightly audited and controlled (I assume their CBT exams are non-proctored). If the (ISC)2 could just offer their exams in Pearson Vue testing centers in 50 major US cities that would help exam candidates quite a bit.
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    JDMurray wrote: »
    If the (ISC)2 could just offer their exams in Pearson Vue testing centers in 50 major US cities that would help exam candidates quite a bit.

I think one of the reasons they are looking at delivering exams in this way is to open it up more to people outside of the US. By restricting it to the US it would restrict even further the availability to the rest of the world. And probably lose its appeal as a consequence.

ps Thats not to say I'm a fan of the idea, just musing on the thinking behind it.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think one of the reasons they are looking at delivering exams in this way is to open it up more to people outside of the US. By restricting it to the US it would restrict even further the availability to the rest of the world. And probably lose its appeal as a consequence.

ps Thats not to say I'm a fan of the idea, just musing on the thinking behind it.

I don't disagree with the idea behind this, but Asia hasn't been good about cheating lately... :)