Options

CEH or GPEN?

bodacious00bodacious00 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
In your opinion, what cert should be pursued first, the GPEN or CEH? Does the GPEN class help you prepare for the CEH, or vice versa? What do you think is the most inexpensive route (GPEN class then attempt CEH w/o taking additional courses)?

These may be certs I'd like to pursue in the future, but not for a while. Just curious as to what you guys think.

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In your opinion, what cert should be pursued first, the GPEN or CEH? Does the GPEN class help you prepare for the CEH, or vice versa? What do you think is the most inexpensive route (GPEN class then attempt CEH w/o taking additional courses)?

These may be certs I'd like to pursue in the future, but not for a while. Just curious as to what you guys think.

CEH then GPEN. CEH is theorethical GPEN is technical. I've done both in that order. CEH tell you which tools to use GPEN takes those tools and demonstrates them in the real world.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GAngel wrote: »
    CEH then GPEN. CEH is theorethical GPEN is technical. I've done both in that order. CEH tell you which tools to use GPEN takes those tools and demonstrates them in the real world.

Agreed. You should have CEH-level knowledge prior to taking on the GPEN.