70-290 test today

citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
I am gonna sit for this exam today. I feel I am ready..... I used the microsoft press book and transcender. Did a bunch of labs over the past 2 weeks. And I got the 2nd shot if I am not ready :-0

Comments

• citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    I passed with 943. Now on to the beast!
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    citinerd wrote: »
    I passed with 943. Now on to the beast!

Awesome score! Congrats!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    citinerd wrote: »
    I am gonna sit for this exam today. I feel I am ready..... I used the microsoft press book and transcender. Did a bunch of labs over the past 2 weeks. And I got the 2nd shot if I am not ready :-0

Congrats. I want to take this test within the next month or so. Any suggestions for a first time MS test taker?
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    knwminus wrote: »
    Congrats. I want to take this test within the next month or so. Any suggestions for a first time MS test taker?

I'm not the OP, but I'll pipe in:

-- For a first time MS test taker, do the tutorial at the beginning of the exam. It may bore you silly, but you'll be comfortable with the test interface afterward and that can be a contributing factor to success or failure.
    -- Find your "Mark Your Question" button checkmark early, so you can mark a tough question and come back to it if needed.
    -- Watch the clock. Don't be scared of it, just be mindful of it. Pace yourself and try to divide the amount of time up evenly among the questions. If you find easy questions you're absolutely sure of, do those quickly and move on so you have more time for the tough ones.
    -- Statistics claim that usually your first answer is your best, so be careful about second-guessing yourself to death. However, YMMV with this tip.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Everything that was said above and don't stress if you've done your studying. These questions were pretty straight forward. None of them really were tricky. Make sure you do some labs because there are sims. I had 10 or 11, but again nothing tricky. This test allows you just over 3 hours for 40 q's..... It took me 1 hour.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats.... hope to join you soon
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Awesome score to boot!
    knwminus wrote: »

Kevin, I recommend using the Transcender practice exams, in addition to whatever book you're reading. For the 70-290, I read the MCSE Guide book, by Thomson Course Technology. I found the reading material, as well as the practice labs, very straight forward and easy to understand. I also recommend using either VMWare or Microsoft Virtual PC to set yourself up some virtual servers and clients.
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!