Back breaking experience...Failed :(

hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
Just wanted to let you all know that I failed my JNCIE lab...The lab was in a way easy and hard... hopefully next time...
IS-IS Sleeps.
BGP peers are quiet.
Something must be wrong.

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Just wanted to let you all know that I failed my JNCIE lab...The lab was in a way easy and hard... hopefully next time...

Sorry to hear that. You'll get it next time.

Without breaking NDA or anything do they tell you how close you were or give you a full score report? Did you think it was more or less difficult than what you expected?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about that. This is a big one, hang in there!
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    They don't give you a full score report just where you might have made mistakes

Difficulty level I think some parts where darn easy and some as you can tell broke me.

Compared to the C vendor exam this I thought this is tough on a guy...it definitely broke me.
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Sorry if I couldn't answer ur question .. my brain cells are dead right now will try to give more insights without breaking NDA tomm
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If it was easy, everyone would have one. :D

Recover, drunken_smilie.gifsleeping.gifdrunken_smilie.gifsleeping.gif then head back to the books & rack, icon_study.gif and then hit it again crash.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Thanks Mike... I will sure do... Who was I kidding.. This was a JNCIE.. nothing is darn easy... But I think success will taste sweeter once I am done with this beast...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • densmadensma Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sorry to hear that. im sure you will get it next time.
    dont give up
  • zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wait for my news in 2 weeks.....
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Sorry to hear man icon_sad.gif It's a rough test and I think that most people don't pass on the first try. Consider it the best 8 hrs of study you'll ever have :)

I have to agree with what you said about some parts being easy and some parts being impossibly hard. I remember at one point I went and got the procter since I swear the routers were acting buggy, but no, it was my brain that was crapping out on me.

Time to relax, reflect and hit the books/rack with renewed determination.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hoogen82 I'm really sorry to hear that. After you have a few days rest you will hear that pony call to tell you it is time to climb back on it for the next E ticket ride.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This happens to everyone once in a while. Don't let it stress you. But you should write down notes on what you THINK you might have flubbed, and research how to deal with those next time.

Oh, and feel free to share what you ethically can here. But only that much.

And of course... good luck next time!
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Sorry to hear that.

I look forward to your inevitable triumph.
    Lab first, ask questions later
    Thank You All for your support... I am definitely working on what went wrong..and trying to improve... The only thing disappointing was a lack of a score report in lines of what Cisco gives if you fail.

My experience...The lab is really well thought...It would ever so likely induce you to make mistakes and then rectify them. I am still thinking about it... It was really well thought...I would think it can be done first time... I would also say that the book alone is not sufficient. I did go to the AVPN class and that does help. Apart from that I believe the lab is all real world experience and quick thinking...

All the best for your exam zrcheng..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Oh and Aldur.. I reboot my two M-Series 15 minutes before the exam was about to end cause I thought it was buggy... :) It made me so nervous after I did that stupid thing...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bummer dude, so sorry to hear this. One tough aspect on this exam is takes almost nothing to fail. Without going into that NDA territory, I'll just say with their scoring method, you really can't miss more than a couple points.

If you talk with the proctor, or email him, he often tells you what you missed and how close you were. One buddy of mine recently missed the mark (and later passed on round 2), and he received some good feedback on what he needed to work on. So, if you didn't get any details like that, some friendly poking of the proctor may help? Otherwise, I'm sure you'll have a good idea where things went wrong, and I'm certain you'll nail it next time. And, if you ignore Aldur's usual inane babbling, you definitely have some good resources on this board and we'll make sure you're good to go :)

Ah dammit, I guess I need to take that back, I did resort to bugging Aldur for some work stuff today... although, he didn't really give me much of a solution ;)
    Yep I am talking to the proctor.. He said he would be back next week in office.. so I am going to meet him and just find out on things I missed and need some improvement on..He knows me pretty well so there are no issues on sitting down with him discussing my lab..

I do know what I missed.. just the scoring is baffling.. so hopefully I know what went wrong.
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Bummer dude, so sorry to hear this. One tough aspect on this exam is takes almost nothing to fail. Without going into that NDA territory, I'll just say with their scoring method, you really can't miss more than a couple points.

Yea, it's all to easy to miss points, especially since it's layered. If you don't get this one thing right then everything after it can't be graded because those thing rely on the previous thing.
    And, if you ignore Aldur's usual inane babbling, you definitely have some good resources on this board and we'll make sure you're good to go :)

FINALLY, glad to see somebody stand up and say this, in truth we all were thinking it :p
    Ah dammit, I guess I need to take that back, I did resort to bugging Aldur for some work stuff today... although, he didn't really give me much of a solution ;)

That's it! No more one-on-one Clarify training for you buddy!! ;)
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Yep I am talking to the proctor.. He said he would be back next week in office.. so I am going to meet him and just find out on things I missed and need some improvement on..He knows me pretty well so there are no issues on sitting down with him discussing my lab..

I do know what I missed.. just the scoring is baffling.. so hopefully I know what went wrong.

Yea, the proctor should be able to point out what you missed and give good advice from there. More then likely it was one thing that tripped up the scoring for the rest of the test...

-Bender
  • zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    same here, failed, need to try again.
  • yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zrcheng wrote: »

Hope you will get it next time!
    zrcheng wrote: »

Sorry to hear zrcheng icon_sad.gif

Take a day or two to relax then jump right back into the books/labs so you don't forget anything that you had trouble with on the exam.

-Bender
    That is a bummer dude... Second time should be a good outing..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.