48 hours to go

hamd01hamd01 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well its just 48 hours until I take the 70-291. Without question I have found this to be the toughest so far.

So far I've done the 70-270 and 70-290, so this is number 3. I'f I can get this passed Im planning to take the 70-401 within a month to complete my MCSA.

Please cross your fingers for me!

Comments

• Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you! I hope you slay the beast! :)
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Good luck on the exam.
  • hamd01hamd01 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just 24 hours to go.......
    Done and dusted....my score was 892. Thank god for that.

Now onto the 70-401 to complete my MCSA
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats.. I'm hoping to take the exam by June.
  • JonnyWJonnyW Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well done chap
  • SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    Congrats man...any pointers for the rest of us (without violating the NDA ofcourse).

I'm hoping to take this test on March 28 but I just took the 70-290 on Sunday and I'm not sure that is enough time for this test...I may need to give myself an extra week or two for this one.

Were you pressed for time on this test? That's the only thing I'm worried about so far. I'm able to calculate subnets without issue but I don't have some of the stuff memorized like they encourage in the MS Press Book to speed things up.
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
    JrSysAdmin wrote: »
    Congrats man...any pointers for the rest of us (without violating the NDA ofcourse).

I'm hoping to take this test on March 28 but I just took the 70-290 on Sunday and I'm not sure that is enough time for this test...I may need to give myself an extra week or two for this one.

Were you pressed for time on this test? That's the only thing I'm worried about so far. I'm able to calculate subnets without issue but I don't have some of the stuff memorized like they encourage in the MS Press Book to speed things up.

I spent 3 months on this test, so I wouldnt have thought a few weeks was long enough to digest all the information.

Time was I wasnt pressed, I finished in under 1 hour.

I think I only had 1 question where I needed to be able to calculate a subnet, but of course you may do the test and get 5 such questions. DNS was the most important I would say. You need to know your was around the DNS snap-in like the back of your hand.

Build a test network using virtual PCs, and break it, build it again, and break it! You really need to play with DNS and DHCP so that when the questions come up, you know what your doing.

In terms of getting stuff into your memory..... I think the important thing on this test is to know the what the keywords mean... eg forwarders, recursion, primary zone, secondary zone etc etc Once you understand the keywords, learn how to use them on your test setup.

Think that about the best advice I can give.

Good luck....got my 70-401 booked for the 8th April.