c

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in SSCP
c

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Call (ISC)2 and ask for some advice. You still won't know for sure till they audit you.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    You cannot waive the one year of experience required by the SSCP.

You cannot waive more than one year of experience for any (ISC)2 regardless of the number of degrees or certs that you have.

It is the responsibility of your endorser to determine if you have the requisite work experience. You can be further audited by the (ISC)2, in which case you will be contacted by the (ISC)2 directly.

"Professional work experience" is any work you have performed directly in one or more fields of information security. Doing security work as part of a non-InfoSec job supposedly doesn't qualify, but there's wiggle room.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    JDMurray wrote: »
    "Professional work experience" is any work you have performed directly in one or more fields of information security. Doing security work as part of a non-InfoSec job supposedly doesn't qualify, but there's wiggle room.

That is what I have heard from CISSPs and others. I currently install, troubleshoot, and configure whole-drive encryption installations for my company. I also deal with setting up local security rights, adding PCs to the domain, and password resets. I am not a part of the security team, but much of my work is security related.

I would like to try for the SSCP after I finish my Bachelor degree. I will just have to wait and what happens I guess.