Options

Recomended Time

my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
I am really curious ,how long did you guys study for ccna and then pass the exam...I really don't know when to take the exam...i was planning to take in a month time but i am not sure whether i can pass...i just finish the four DAYS COURSE ON CCNA..now .. i am reading thru the intro book again..any suggestion on how long should i spent in revision

Comments

• Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    There is no set time on how long it should take you to do your CCNA.

It all depends how much experience you have and how quickly you learn, once you have read all the topics try testing yourself thougroughly, if your failing or only just passsing then go over the material again. Think about using something like boson tests but be wary they are easier than the real exam!
    A month should be plenty of time to prepare, however if you are in a doubt then dont go for it untill you feel confident. Book the exam for a set time away then work to that date, if your not ready you can reschedule!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    my_id_0308 wrote:
    I am really curious ,how long did you guys study for ccna and then pass the exam...I really don't know when to take the exam...i was planning to take in a month time but i am not sure whether i can pass...i just finish the four DAYS COURSE ON CCNA..now .. i am reading thru the intro book again..any suggestion on how long should i spent in revision

I studied for about 1 month..but that was when the test was easier (640-507) than it is now. There were no simulators.

As wildfire stated there is no time frame on taking the exam. If you work with Cisco Routers and Switches everyday, you could probably study for about a week and pass it. If you have never seen a Cisco router, I would push that out just a little....actually quite a bit. Getting your hands on the equipment or a simulator is important to truely understand the concepts.

I also agree with wildfire on using the Boson...I have used them for every Cisco exam that I have taken. They are easier...but if you are having problems in certain areas, this will help point it out. ...Don't forget to use the technotes....they are great.

Good luck...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    Thanks Wildcard and Ten9t6...
    I wonder if using the cisco press books..and study notes from here will be enough to pass...I couldnt afford to get the full version of the sim...i am stuck with the cd that the cisco books gav...what do u guys think?is it enough to pass? icon_cry.gif