MSPress Books for 70-291

dadajidadaji Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
On the Microsoft website, the recommended books for this certification is :
* MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure, Second Edition
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server? 2003 Network Infrastructure, Second Edition
* MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-291): Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server? 2003 Network Infrastructure

My question is that is there a lot of difference between the 2 books? I believe the second edition will have more updated information or something like that.

Please advice.
Thank you.

Comments

• pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    I can't say for sure how different the two books are. At minimum the older version will cover SUS instead of the current WSUS

Unless you have a copy of the older version laying around that you can use for free or nearly nothing, I would buy the newer one. You can get it for $37.79 on Amazon, you and can probably find it used for even less.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ALWAYS buy the most current revision of a book, there is a reason for the new revision. This test is considered the most difficult in the MCSE series, and thats right on the money, its going to be hard enough with the current matierals.
  • intheflatfieldintheflatfield Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the edition covering WSUS - buy this version. Good luck.
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I think that the 2nd edition would be better because they cover new things that are added in service packs. As so does the exam.

Find out if its legal to give someone the PDF version of that book becuase if its legal, then I can simply email you the PDF version of the 2nd edition.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The most important thing yu will see is that the errata from the previous book will be incorporated into the newest edition. You don't want to have to find the mistakes the author made yourself.