Options

CCNA Voice - Day 5

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
1) Alright, so I finished the entire CBTNuggets CCNA Voice series. Did it kinda boot camp style in front of the routers and phones, trying things as they came up
2) Ran a IOS upgrade
3) Installed a second CME router and configured some dial-peers between routers
4) Switched my static routers to eigrp
5) Played more with hunt groups
6) Ran through debug and show commands in bulk
7) Troubleshoot why my DVD ROM couldn’t read the disk that came with the book
icon_cool.gif Generated nearly 200 flash cards, starting to cut those down.
9) Started planning my attack for the next week.
10) Wasted a lot of time trying to find a version of Unity I can download from my company's CCO account.. never could find anything. I guess it's something you can't download.

I am hoping 2 more weeks, and I am good to go for CCNA:Voice. I'll be poking around customer UC500s and one at my job's lab for practice there. I am told the study materials don't completely cover the test well enough to pass on the first try. But we'll see.
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    1) Alright, so I finished the entire CBTNuggets CCNA Voice series. Did it kinda boot camp style in front of the routers and phones, trying things as they came up
    2) Ran a IOS upgrade
    3) Installed a second CME router and configured some dial-peers between routers
    4) Switched my static routers to eigrp
    5) Played more with hunt groups
    6) Ran through debug and show commands in bulk
    7) Troubleshoot why my DVD ROM couldn’t read the disk that came with the book
    icon_cool.gif Generated nearly 200 flash cards, starting to cut those down.
    9) Started planning my attack for the next week.
    10) Wasted a lot of time trying to find a version of Unity I can download from my company's CCO account.. never could find anything. I guess it's something you can't download.

I am hoping 2 more weeks, and I am good to go for CCNA:Voice. I'll be poking around customer UC500s and one at my job's lab for practice there. I am told the study materials don't completely cover the test well enough to pass on the first try. But we'll see.

It sounds like you are making good progress, voice is very enjoyable which helps.

The study materials out there seemed adequate to me although I did get hold of Ciscopress "Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers" which helped.
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route