boson exam software and some questions

binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi,
i finish reading wendell odem's icnd1 book and trying to study for the ccent exam. this will be first cisco exam i am going to be taking. i have downloaded the included boson practice exam and have a few questions in mind.

1. does the actual cisco exam as picky as the boson exam? there are many question that have multiple correct answers and boson just give you the checkboxes without telling you how many correct answers there are. in all of the microsoft exams they give you the # of correct answers you need to pick. can anyone confirm?

2. the entire boson exam makes me want to beat up someone. it feels like they are purposely trying to trick you or just throw in a word or so to jip you our of a right answer. also it is really hard to understand what they are trying to ask you.

3. some answers are wrong. i remember that there is one question and i know that port forwarding will do the trick and they denied it. also, this:

ccna.png

can someone explain?

Comments

• captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    I think you missed the not true part?
  • binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    isnt b routable via serial 1?
  • DeanLautermilchDeanLautermilch Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    binargs wrote: »

No, class B address subnetted as a class C.

I read the questions twice as I really think they put in numbers that you mind would accept at first glance.
    Yes it is but the question asks "Which of the following is not true?"

So, if 172.25.4.111 is routable through serial 1, it's not discarded.

You have to take your time and read what the question is asking.
    Yes it is but the question asks "Which of the following is not true?"

So, if 172.25.4.111 is routable through serial 1, it's not discarded.

You have to take your time and read what the question is asking.

no i am not reading this wrong.

i picked A and the software says the correct answer is B, highlighted. But B should be routable. therefore the answer is wrong.

I ever asked B is routable or not and I still think it is so it should not be discarded.

but according to the chart, Answer A, which is what I picked is not routable but the software says it is.
    no i am not reading this wrong.

i picked A and the software says the correct answer is B, highlighted. But B should be routable. therefore the answer is wrong.

I ever asked B is routable or not and I still think it is so it should not be discarded.

but according to the chart, Answer A, which is what I picked is not routable but the software says it is.
    I hate to be mean but did you read the question? Do you understand it wants the answer that is false?
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    B should be routable. therefore the answer is wrong.

You are correct - the STATEMENT in answer choice B is false given the output. The question is asking which answer choice is NOT TRUE (aka false).
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    Correct in the fact that it should NOT be discarded. Seeing that they want to know which answer is false and answer B says 172.25.4.111 WILL be discarded then answer B is false and therefore the correct answer. 172.25.4.x will be routed out Serial1 and will NOT be discarded like answer B states.

Which chart are you referring to? The routing info in the picture or something else?

Been awhile since I did subnetting but from what I recall the only valid IPs for the 192.25.1.x/27 network (shown in routing table) would be 192.25.1.1 - 192.25.1.31. Answer A lists 192.25.1.37, an address that does not fall under the 192.25.1.x/27 subnet. Therefore there is no path to that address/subnet and it would be discarded (making Answer A a true statement and not what the question is asking for).

If I'm wrong here please advise! I'd hate to confuse the OP.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
    took the exam today and got 803 / 804, failed by one point.

i actually heard god laugh.
    Sorry to hear. You got a look at the exam and you know the areas you need to improve on.

You'll get it next time! icon_thumright.gif
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    failed by one point.

Don't worry about it I too am one of many who failed the first time around. You were soooooo close, just pay attention to the areas you were weakest at and you'll get it next time. Don't expect to see the same test next time.
    question for you guys:
    the entire exam i actually thought it was pretty easy and since i failed it, besides the little bar thing on the report is there anyways to know which quesitons i did wrong? corrections? how do i correct my mistakes in the next exam?
    question for you guys:
    the entire exam i actually thought it was pretty easy and since i failed it, besides the little bar thing on the report is there anyways to know which quesitons i did wrong? corrections?
    No.
    how do i correct my mistakes in the next exam?
    Study the topics that you got the lowest percentages on. Reread any info you have on those subjects. There is no way to determine exactly which questions you got wrong.
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

• HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Binargs,

Sorry to hear about your gut check moment and missing by one point. I am a couple of weeks behind you with my 1st attempt coming next week.

I have a questions for you. You wrote that you downloaded the boson practice questions that are included with Odem's book. Did you have to pay Boson.com for the privage of downloading their practace questions??

I bought the ciscopress box-set aka Odem's book's (ICND1 & ICND2) yet I have failed to find a way to download the promised Boson practice questions without paying $$$$ to Boson. Odem's books clearly says that these questions are included but as far as I can tell they lie.

By the time you or someone else answers this question I will have already forked over an addition $99 to Boson for their practice questions but perhaps the answer will help one of our other fellow CCNA wannabe (cash cows).

HardDrisk
    A+, Net+
    Security +
    MCTS - Vista
    HardDisk wrote: »
    I bought the ciscopress box-set aka Odem's book's (ICND1 & ICND2) yet I have failed to find a way to download the promised Boson practice questions without paying $$$$ to Boson.
    Did you install the Boson Exam app on the CD in the back of the books? All you have to do is install the program, create an acount on Boson's site, then activate the exam questions using the provided key (in the CD pouch). IIRC, there are instructions for all of this on the CD. Can be accessed by putting CD in PC and AutoPlaying.

I never had to pay anything but the costs of the book in order to use the 7 different Boson practice exams I have installed.
    My Lab Gear:

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I installed the Boson exam engine first from the disc that comes with the book. Then you open the engine and unlock/download the ICND1 exam. The disc itself doesn't have the practice exam, though, just the Boson software.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□

Go back and take it Five days later. This happen to me too. I knocked it out five days later.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • HardDiskHardDisk Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Re; Boson practice questions

In short "my bad". It seems I was having a windows 7 permissions problem running the Boson practice test simulated questions.

Each time I worked a simulated practice question the program would **** into an odd looking screen which I could not get passed. The fix was to give the program and all user full permissions via windows 7.

My thanks to the quick feed back I received from this forum. You guys samed me $99 today. :)

HardDisk
  • klawrenceklawrence Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey everybody.

I read this thread and wanted to hopefully shed some light on the subject. I work for Boson, and this is a question we get asked frequently.

The review questions included with the Cisco Press books were actually not written by Boson. We only provide the Boson Exam Environment (our practice exam engine) to deliver the questions they write and include with the book. We don't write or edit the questions included in the books, though.

We do, however, produce practice exams (ExSim-Max), which are also delivered by the same BEE (Boson Exam Environment). You can try our demos by clicking on the "Get Demos" tab in the BEE.

You can find out more about the differences here.

IT Practice Exams | Cisco | Microsoft | CompTIA | (ISC)2

Again, sorry for the confusion. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • vblrvblr Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

Sorry about it!
    CCNA is pretty difficult for people not already involved in cisco router networking. You may need to first try some hand-on with some software like Boson NetSim or CertExams DSim.
    It's important to read Cisco Press book thoroughly, and refer to Cisco website docs where ever you need more clarification. Cisco website has a very good content that is deep enough to understand any given topic on CCNA (But note that the topics are generic in nature, and not meant for CCNA preparation). Also, do some practice tests when you think that you are ready to register with VUE for the exam.