Options

Routing in ICND1

daveccnadaveccna Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it a correct assesment that RIP and RIPv2 are ICND1 while the others are ICND2?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
-Sun Tzu-

Comments

• Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    daveccna wrote: »
    Is it a correct assesment that RIP and RIPv2 are ICND1 while the others are ICND2?

I don't think so, maybe the ICND2 covers EIGRP and OSPF in much more depth, in fact, I'd say they do. But I think you still have to have a basic understanding of how other protocols work, even for ICND1....
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Follow the exam blueprint 640-822 ICND1 Exam Topics (Blueprint) (you will need to create a login) and you can't go wrong.

Good luck!
  • Options
    daveccnadaveccna Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Follow the exam blueprint 640-822 ICND1 Exam Topics (Blueprint) (you will need to create a login) and you can't go wrong.

Good luck!

Is that available anywhere else? The cisco website is a joke.
    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
    -Sun Tzu-
  • Options
    binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    according to wendell odom's book, cisco official exam book:
    ripv2 config and familaiarity is needed to poass the icnd1 exam. you do not need to know how to configure eigrp, ospf or isis untill icnd2. but you do need to know the difference between them: ospf and isis picks routes based on bandwidth of the routes instead of the physical hops, auto summary is not available on ospf or isis, ripv1 is classful routing only and do not include subnet mask, and eigrp is a cisco prop. hybrid routing protocol that combines hops and bandwidth. administrative distance is assigned by a router based on the protocols used, direct connect is 0, static is 1, then eigrp, ospf, then isis, then ripv2 and igrp and ripv1.

these are just something from the top of my head. check your book for other routing stuff that you migth have to know.