Taking BCMSN without CCNA ?

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just a quick question:

Could I take the BCMSN exam without having a CCNA ?

I know that this would get me no cert but I'm currently thinking. I've been planning on getting my CCNP for a long time and have collected quite a lot of material for BCMSN so I was thinking about slaying it before the deadline so my resources don't get useless.

I'm very close to CCNA level so I think butchering BCMSN should be possible with some good studying in the next weeks.
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lordy wrote: »
    Could I take the BCMSN exam without having a CCNA ?
    Yes you can.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Yes you can. You would have to get a valid CCNP before you could get the CCNP though. But you can take that exam. I'm not sure how it works going backwards down. I don't know if they give you a deadline or what.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't know if they give you a deadline or what.
    Exams are good for 3 years to apply to a Cisco Certification. They would have to earn their CCNA within 3 years of taking their first CCNP exam to meet all the requirements & prerequisites for the CCNP.

If they earn their CCNA 3 years and 1 day after passing the BCMSN exam, they'd have to retake the BCMSN exam again, since it would no longer be valid to count toward the CCNP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    actually they'd have to take SWITCH, since BCMSN isn't going to be available after 3 years and 1 day!
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    actually they'd have to take SWITCH, since BCMSN isn't going to be available after 3 years and 1 day!

LOL icon_rolleyes.gif

You can take my switch exam if you want, I'm finding to many detractions at the moment.. Got to get in a few more hours tonight and for the next few days and think by end of the week I be ready.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Thank you for that information Mike. That makes sense now.