Options

How accurate do you have to be for the lab questions?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
How accurate do you have to be for the lab questions?

for example if I forgot to type conf t, will it give an error? Or will it let me type all the other commands and then just mark it all wrong?

I am assuming we don't have access to <tab> to fill input or ? to see possible input, is that correct?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A SIM will act like the real hardware -- except you may not have all the possible commands or command line options available. If you're in user mode, you won't be able to enter config mode until you've gone to enable mode. If you want to configure an interface, you'll need to be in config mode first. etc...

In a SIM you'll usually have the ? and <TAB> completion available.

In a SIMLET you might not have ? and <TAB> if they are testing your knowledge of the proper commands. They could also take away commands like show run to force you to use a more specific command to find configuration information to answer the questions.

Check out the Certification Exam Tutorial on the Cisco web site. The demo will show you actions for the specific question types and then give you an option to "try it"

Cisco has admitted that SIMs are worth more points than regular questions and that you can earn partial credit on the SIMs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    A SIM will act like the real hardware -- except you may not have all the possible commands or command line options available. If you're in user mode, you won't be able to enter config mode until you've gone to enable mode. If you want to configure an interface, you'll need to be in config mode first. etc...

In a SIM you'll usually have the ? and <TAB> completion available.

In a SIMLET you might not have ? and <TAB> if they are testing your knowledge of the proper commands. They could also take away commands like show run to force you to use a more specific command to find configuration information to answer the questions.

Check out the Certification Exam Tutorial on the Cisco web site. The demo will show you actions for the specific question types and then give you an option to "try it"

Cisco has admitted that SIMs are worth more points than regular questions and that you can earn partial credit on the SIMs.

Thanks for putting the info out there :) It makes me feel way better because I wasn't sure about the test. Are the fill in the blank questions touchy on spelling?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    In the labs you have to get the question/lab to work! So its either you get it working or not. I do believe you get partial credit though. icon_study.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX