Passed Core today

flytedflyted Inactive Imported Users Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Score was 605. Test was not even close to any of the practice tests I used, and I used many. My study material was "A+ Complete" which is a good reference, but poor for test preparation. I also used "The 80/20 Guide", which was more oriented to just a review of objectives and was slightly test oriented. Finally I used the "A+ Exam study guide" which was better in both areas but still not good prep for the test. Many questions on the test were not only of little practical use, but were not covered except maybe in a sentence or two in any of the books I used. Who knows, maybe they were the questions which are not graded. In any case, I passed, but thought the test score didn't reflect my knowledge of the test objectives. My advice to others is that even knowing the theory, this test can trip you up on. Study every line of whatever books you are using, many questions will be that poorly represented. On to O/S.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • ra13ra13 Member Posts: 137
    I agree with the whole "question" thing I am going to be going for my 3rd time to take my hardware exam yes 3rd time. There were questions on my first 2 tests that I have not even reviewed in any of my three studying materials. I was really shocked that they asked my about IPV6 I understand that the word has been out about it but haven't heard of anyone converting yet and am just pissed that they would ask a question like that on a test where there were no valid A+ study material on it. If you or anyone has found any study guides or books that list the new ipv6 please let me know it may have so more up to date questions and aswwers in there as I DO NOT want to take this exm a 4th time. :)
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bluemasonbluemason Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! 1/2 way there! icon_smile.gif

Personally, I found A+ OS more difficult than the hw exam... if you're able to, pick up a cheap PC and install the different OS's so you get a feel for them.

Good Luck :D
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats....and good luck on the next one...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • aviatoraviator Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass mate :D
  • cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    congratz & good luck