PASSED BCMSN !

YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
SO I passed this exam only after about 20 days of studying. very Surprised that I did it too I got 862 with 755 passing. :)
LIfe is hard, thats all I have to say.

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    well done, on to BCRAN now is it?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    grats
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats...for me it was the hardest of the 4...but that was a few years back... icon_wink.gif ...just two more to go...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • YozhYozh Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep 2 more then + 1 for the CCDP and then the CCIE dream :)
    When you finish the CCDP, I would study a short period of time and take the CCIE R/S written. At that point, you will have most of the text book knowledge at that point to pass the written exam. Once you pass that, you have 18months to schedule the lab. Plenty of time to practice, practice, and then practice some more. icon_wink.gif
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
    Thats sounds like a good idea, so you think I should first take the writen CCIE and then do the CCDP 1 exam ? How hard is the writen CCIE R&S ?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
    Yozh wrote:
    Thats sounds like a good idea, so you think I should first take the writen CCIE and then do the CCDP 1 exam ? How hard is the writen CCIE R&S ?

I would finish the dp first. This will only help...plus when your done with the written, you can just focus on the lab and not have to worry about the design test.

The written is not that hard if you do not wait that long after completing your NP / DP. Now...the lab...that is a different story. I have a buddy that will be taking the lab for the 6th time next month. If he doesn't pass it this time...he said he is done.
    Kenny

• tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would do the CCDP first. When you pass the written CCIE test it will renew your CCNP and CCDP.

The new CCIE R&S switching covers current topics so you will not get bogged down with SRB and Token Ring. Cisco also cut out the older classless protocols. They also removed the multiservice voice portion from the new test. Cisco also added wireless as a topic.

Cisco likes to stress network protocols for the written.

I took the R&S written right before they retired it, it wasn't too bad, but I did read all of the Cisco recommended books.
    Thanks guys, any suggestions on the books for the written ?
  • koppykoppy Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Can you give some idea about the sims in the exam :D
    Thank you. As for the sims, study the basic configurations of the switches as well as some MLS functions. Make sure you know how to make a port in to access port and trunk port and how to bypass the STP, VLAN setup and VLAN memberships, inter-vlan routing, can`t say that they were too hard, but as always you have to know wat you doing you cant just guess it :)