Options

Abt CCVP

saravanaboobathysaravanaboobathy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys i have one more doubt .. which one is easier CCNP or CCVP.

.... how is the vacancy for VOIP..is it possible to get job in that field(VOIP).

icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hi guys i have one more doubt .. which one is easier CCNP or CCVP.

.... how is the vacancy for VOIP..is it possible to get job in that field(VOIP).

icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:icon_confused.gif:

This might be better asked in the CCNP or CCVP forum (not the CCNA forum).

IF you read the CCVP FAQs there are several links to post asking the same question. You may want to start there.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/29111-ccvp-faq-please-read-before-posting.html
  • Options
    CiskHoCiskHo Member Posts: 188
    In my area you cannot find a VoIP job unless you have several years experience with voice. All of the posting seem to say minimum 3-5 years experience (and not just a certification) are required. Have you tried searching job sites for open positions in your area?
    My Lab Gear:
    2811(+SW/POE/ABGwifi/DOCSIS) - 3560G-24-EI - 3550-12G - 3550POE - (2) 2950G-24 - 7206VXR - 2651XM - (2) 2611XM - 1760 - (2) CP-7940G - ESXi Server

Just Finished: RHCT (1/8/11) and CCNA:S (Fall 2010)
    Prepping For: VCP and CCNP SWITCH, ROUTE, TSHOOT
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCNP will probably be harder technically, however VOIP is hard and a different technology in itself. Many will tell you to get your CCNP first as it will give you the routing and switching skills one will need to understand when implementing VOIP technologies or any other professional level cert cisco has to offer. Obtaining a voip job is probably no walk in the park, you will need to know many brands such as avaya , lucent, cisco in order to be able to successfully market yourself. Every job environment i have been to they run avaya or cisco. Avaya seems to be the mostly used, perhaps because of the pricing. So keep that in mind when your going into Voip, you wont get far with just knowing cisco products.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    which one is easier CCNP or CCVP.
    Depends on your background.

If you have a background in data networking, then the CCNP is probably easier.

If you're a legacy telecom guy/gal, then you might be annoyed by all the data networking stuff in the CCNA (and the CCVP) -- but if you can honestly make it through the CCNA/CCVP Certifications you could worth 10 CCNPs (but probably only get paid the equivalent of 2 CCNPs :D). In this case the CCVP would probably be a lot easier than the CCNP.

But in the long run, to be good at Cisco Voice, you'd probably want both the CCNP and CCVP (and then you might get the salary of maybe 2-1/2 CCNPs).

If you're part of a VoIP team/group like your user title says -- and you find it interesting -- try and learn as much as you can and get as much experience as you can and study as hard as you can to learn the CCVP exam topics and then pass the exams. Then you shouldn't have problem finding a bigger and better job down the road -- or moving up where you're at if your company is large enough for that.

The problem with Voice (and the CCVP) is that a lot of people seem to be attracted to it because of the money -- and not any actual interest in learning the technology or acquiring the CCVP knowledge and skills.

I've suggested in the past that A+ certified tech can try getting a job being the person plugging the phones in at the desks -- and then working on their CCNA & CCVP and move into greater voice responsibilities (and salary) that way.

Yet some of the "impressive" resumes I've seen are from people who watched a vendor come into their employer and the only thing they did was plug in the phones at the desk. They then go out and **** to get the CCVP and make their resume sound like they designed and deployed an entire IP Telephony solution. icon_rolleyes.gif There are a lot of these types of CCVPs out there -- they couldn't place a phone call if you gave them a pay phone and a pocket full of change.

Voice is a GREAT field to get into -- but only if you put in the time and effort and lots of hard work and study to get good at it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    saravanaboobathysaravanaboobathy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you guys ...but my friends are told its very difficult to find a job bcz in india there is no company(MNC) who are running voip process .....